- Head of Sales - LA (California) USA
- Head of Agronomy: Research & Development - Berlin, Germany
- Africa Fruit Export Sales Manager - South Africa
- Grower - Philippines
- Assistant technical manager
- Food Safety and Quality Director - South Bend (IN) USA
- Commercial Manager - United Kingdom or The Netherlands
- Tomato Grower, Chapais - Canada
- Director of UbiGro Sales - California, Oregon, Colorado, Arizona, and Nevada USA
- UbiGro Sales Representative - California, USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Africa Fruit Export Sales Manager - South Africa
Africa Fruit Export Sales Manager (Africa Division)
Location: South Africa (work from home)
We are a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and innovative multi-national import/export/trading company. We have 8 divisions worldwide that handle fruits & vegetables across 65+ countries. Our company has been featured three times in the INC 5000’s annual list of fastest growing companies (2017 Inc 5000 #923, 2019 Inc 5000 #1587 & 2020 Inc 5000 #1899)!
When you join Terra Exports, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who are disrupting the global fresh produce industry. But working at Terra Exports is about more than being disrupters. It’s about having a say in and improving the process. We start at the ground level – literally – with the growth of the product at the farm level, and we manage the process all the way up through distribution channels, up into the end user, the consumer.
We pride ourselves on our products arriving fresh and damage free and we’re there every step of the way, working alongside our suppliers and customers who share in our common goal.
Watch our team video here: https://youtu.be/ArggXExh0EM
To expand our commercial team in Africa, we are currently looking for an Export Sales Manager. In this position your sales activities are aimed at selling African fruits into all other continents.
You must be a culture fit for our company, this is extremely important:
- Be self-motivated.
- Provide excellent service to growers, customers, and fellow team-members.
- Take quick-action!
- Be a team-player.
- Understand how important reputation is in this industry.
- Treat everyone with respect and empathy - don’t be an asshole!
While we have customers all over the world (such as retailers, wholesalers, importers, and food service companies), bringing your own relationships too is key.
The fruits you will sell are sourced both through your own brokering and as a team effort. We have growers/packers/shippers all over Africa, however bringing your own relationships too is key.
While you may work from home depending on your location, your ability to visit customers/suppliers/growers, attend expos, and visit our other Terra Exports divisions around the world is very important.
You must have at least 1 year of experience in the fruit & vegetable industry, ideally in an export sales role.
Communication is key, and given that our headquarters are in the USA, we will need you to handle the English language quite well. Multi-lingual candidates are highly encouraged to apply!
This is a sales role, so if you do not enjoy sales and negotiations, this position is not for you.
While this position reports to our Africa Division Director of Sales, it is extremely important that you are self-motivated and do not require constant supervision or micro-managing.
While we are very technology-oriented and use WhatsApp significantly companywide, talking on the phone every single day with our team, growers, service providers, and customers is exceptionally important.
You must understand that in international trade the 9-to-5 mentality is merely an aspiration that rarely materializes. It’s important you are readily available when opportunity comes knocking.
A competitive base salary is offered, plus a commission based on sales goals.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Communicate with customers on a daily basis, quoting African fresh produce.
- Business Development: New and Current accounts.
- Proactively create additional sales with new and existing customers.
- Provide superior customer service to new and existing customers.
- Track and analyze customer sales history and purchasing trends.
- Identify and strategically pursue industry trends in fast-growing segments.
- Handling procurement from vendors.
- Minimum 1-year international produce export sales.
- Established track record for business account development.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills.
- Ability to exercise professional judgment and decision making.
- Bilingual encouraged.
- Highly personable with the ability to quickly build relationships.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org