- Construction Project Manager - Tri-State (CT, NY, NJ) USA
- Private Equity Associate - San Francisco (CA) USA
- Quality Manager
- Sales Manager Europe
- Agronomist & Supply Coordinator - EMEA territory
- Applicant management / board / horticulture / greenhouse grower
- Grower - Tasmania (berries) - Australia
- Managing Director Canada
- Category Manager - Sydney Markets, Australia
- Independent Sales & Business Development Representative, USA
Top 5 -yesterday
- The growing demand for skilled horticulturalists
- "Beetles that pee themselves to death could be tomorrow’s pest control"
- Spain: 4.2 million roses expected to be sold for St. George's Day in Catalonia
- Perennial Trials reveal top 5 performers in Rocky Mountain conditions
- NL: Lightweight and durable binding tapener showcased
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- "World’s most sold machine to make spiral bouquets"
- "Certified Plastic Free plug system sets new world standard"
- UK: Import of cut flowers from Kenya and Colombia up, Netherlands down
- "Kenya's first floating solar project installed at Rift Valley Roses"
- China: "16 ha rose project from A to Z delivered in record time"
Cultivation/Propagation Manager Young Plants - Australia
Cultivation/Propagation Manager Young Plants
Our client produces young plants for the Australian professional horticultural sector. The family business has a long history in which several generations were leading the company. On the farm millions of vegetables young plants are produced all year round. Due to the growth of the company, there is a need for an experienced Cultivation/Propagation Manager Young Plants.
In this role you are responsible for all aspects associated with the cultivation/propagation of young plants. The cultivation technical aspect is an important task. Each batch of young plants must grow under optimal growth conditions. Your challenge is to bet all available cultivation/propagation techniques correctly.
The sowing, grafting, cultivation and delivery of the batches also take place under your responsibility. You manage and control. You think along with the space planning of the parties. You arrange that the registration and control is properly carried out and recorded. You discuss crop operations and crop protection measures within the cultivation team. You make the labor planning for the required labor input.
- Cultivation technically responsible, climate, water and fertilization, crop protection
- Planning and registration of cultivation, control of the quality of the end product
- Managing the cultivation team, daily consultation
- Daily consultation with the production manager
- Space and labor planning in collaboration with the production manager
- Purchase of materials, seeds, pots, sticks, etc.
- Data capture, KPI, reporting
- You are aware of variety characteristics, close contact seed houses
- Contact with customers and their delivery wishes
- Experience with cultivation technique.
- Experience with the production of young plants is an advantage.
- Plant technically you set the bar high, only good is good enough.
- To be able to work with modern (Dutch) cultivation technical techniques.
- Being able to oversee all processes on the company and plan and execute them efficiently.
- Experience with leadership, people-oriented leadership.
- You work accurately, each party needs attention.
- Being able to speak to customers and act in a solution-oriented way when customer requirements change.
- Used to work with modern registration programs, data capture and working with KPI
- To be able to speak and write English well
- Higher professional education in work and thinking level
- Willing to work on weekends as well
Terms of employment
- A wonderful challenge with a lot of responsibility
- Working for a thriving family business with a good reputation
- Sufficient knowledge available to grow together
- Help with visa application and finding accommodation
- A good salary and good secondary terms of employment
Lutgo Recruitment in the Netherlands are the representatives of this client for the recruitment, assessment and selection of candidates for this position. Please send your reaction to Laurens Sandell: L.Sandell@lutgorecruitment.nl
0031 6 42 227 484
Lutgo Recruitment is specialized in the recruitment & selection for both national and international positions in the Floricultural, Horticultural and Agricultural sectors. We are located in Hollands horticultural centre which is called “Westland “.
2675 LB Honselersdijk,