- Construction Project Manager - Tri-State (CT, NY, NJ) USA
- Private Equity Associate - San Francisco (CA) USA
- Quality Manager
- Sales Manager Europe
- Agronomist & Supply Coordinator - EMEA territory
- Applicant management / board / horticulture / greenhouse grower
- Grower - Tasmania (berries) - Australia
- Managing Director Canada
- Category Manager - Sydney Markets, Australia
- Independent Sales & Business Development Representative, USA
Top 5 -yesterday
- The growing demand for skilled horticulturalists
- "Beetles that pee themselves to death could be tomorrow’s pest control"
- Spain: 4.2 million roses expected to be sold for St. George's Day in Catalonia
- Perennial Trials reveal top 5 performers in Rocky Mountain conditions
- NL: Lightweight and durable binding tapener showcased
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- "World’s most sold machine to make spiral bouquets"
- "Certified Plastic Free plug system sets new world standard"
- UK: Import of cut flowers from Kenya and Colombia up, Netherlands down
- "Kenya's first floating solar project installed at Rift Valley Roses"
- China: "16 ha rose project from A to Z delivered in record time"
Grower, Vine Crops - Richmond (KY) USA
AppHarvest is redefining American agriculture by developing modern, large-scale controlled environment agriculture facilities in Central Appalachia. We’re combining conventional agriculture techniques with the most recent proven to grow fruits and vegetables that are locally grown, climate resilient, free of chemical pesticides, and resource efficient. We provide access to a nutritious and safe U.S.-grown food supply for consumers.
We’re currently operating one of the largest greenhouses in North America, 60-acre controlled environment agriculture facility in Morehead, KY, and have an active development pipeline for additional facilities. These facilities grow more with fewer resources. When compared to traditional agriculture, we grow 30x more efficiently and with 90% less water. Located within a day’s drive of 70% of the U.S. population, our base in Appalachia allows us to pick our fruits and veggies when they are at peak nutrition and reduce diesel use in transportation by 80%.
AppHarvest is proud to verify our commitment to people and the planet by being a Certified B Corporation. As one of only four public B Corps in the United States, we are focused on balancing people and profit. Our goal is to promote a future of sustainable change in the agriculture industry while reducing our impact on the planet. And we're doing it all while creating jobs and helping Appalachia build a more resilient economy!
This is Farming Now.
About the Role:
As a Grower at AppHarvest, you will be joining a team at the forefront of reinventing sustainable agriculture by assisting with the management of growing operations for leafy green and vine crops for AppHarvest’s 60-acre hydroponic controlled-environment agriculture facilities.
What You’ll Do:
- Assist in all aspects of the production process, including integrated pest management, climate management, crop maintenance, and labor planning and scheduling
- Assist in managing greenhouse climate control system (including daily and weekly plans/actions) and crop inspections to maintain quality standards
- Determine and monitor climate control system settings using Priva software for heating, venting, watering, and lighting
- Maintain current knowledge of growing techniques and technologies
- Monitor the working environment to ensure compliance with company and statutory hygiene, health and safety standards, as well as policies and procedures
- Ensure all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), standard operating procedures (SOPs), and policies are followed and report food safety and quality problems to authorized personnel
- Ensure adherence to safety, quality, and hygiene key performance indicators (KPIs), as well as policies and procedures
- Oversee crop nutrition, including weekly and longer-term nutrition strategies for all stages of the crop cycle
- Direct pest and disease management, including recommending and implementing weekly and long-term control strategies, incorporating integrated pest management (IPM)
- Manage water resources, including daily and weekly plans/actions, as well as operational troubleshooting of water systems and equipment
- Monitor labor management and performance in conjunction with Growers and Supervisors
- Lead and participate in projects to improve quality, safety, performance, and yield
- Other core expectations as defined by the company
What We’re Looking For:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in horticulture or related field or between two and five years of controlled environment agriculture industry work experience
- Experience with fertilizers, chemicals, and water, including calculation of amounts, proportions, percentages, and volume for application
- Knowledge of major plant groups and their culture and growth traits
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), health and safety, food safety, Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP), and the PrimusGFS program
- Identification of plant diseases and the existence of insects
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills to train team members and interact with all levels of the organization
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
Apply via this link