- Head Grower (Vine Crops) US / Canada
- Grower/Manager - Cuernavaca, Mexico
- Cacao Research Collection Manager - UC Davis campus
- Commercial Manager - Europe
- Sale Manager - remote position located in Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- State Specialist/Extension Professor of Plant Pathology - Durham (NH) USA
- Grower - Snowflake, Arizona
- Sales Director
- Master Hydroponics Grower - Bethesda (MD) USA
- Commercial Director - ROA (To be based in Malaysia)
Top 5 -yesterday
- US (OR): “A wildfire, an ice storm, and a pandemic”
- "With this machine hardly any manual correction is needed anymore"
- Study on post-harvest handling of cut flowers
- UK: £29m investment to support eco-friendly distribution
- Israel: “Our assortment is inspired by the increasing demand for ‘useful’ plants”
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Farm Operator - Kearny (NJ) USA
At Oishii, we grow the best fruit in the world by deploying ground-breaking vertical farming technology that pushes the boundaries of agriculture. We’re the first in the world to grow fruit in an indoor vertical farm at commercial scale. We started with strawberries, which we debuted at Chef's Table at Brooklyn Fare, the three star Michelin restaurant considered by critics to be among the best in the world. Since then, we have supplied our strawberries to food-loving consumers, world-class restaurants, and specialty retailers across NYC. Our proprietary technology, developed through years of intensive research in Japan and the US, enables us to grow the very best produce year-round, at the same high level of quality, all without using any pesticides. Since raising our series A funding from leading investors in 2019, we have rapidly expanded our farm facilities and assembled a world-class team with backgrounds spanning vertical farming, industrial automation, farm operations, and data analysis. Oishii has been profiled in Eater, NPR, Time, and Fortune. If you're interested in building the farm of the future with us, we look forward to hearing from you!
About the role:
As a caretaker of Oishii’s farms, you will play a crucial role throughout all the stages of strawberry plant cultivation. Your work will ensure that Oishii can continue to delight the strawberry-lovers and chefs that we serve today. You will work indoors in a state-of-the-art, climate-controlled, clean farm environment alongside a diverse team with decades of farming experience. This role has plenty of room for growth - after mastering essential farm tasks, you’ll have the opportunity to further develop into an owner of farm planning and operations management.
What you’ll do:
- Facilitate plant health at all stages of the strawberry plant life cycle - propagation, cultivation, pruning, and harvesting.
- Conduct farm hygiene management essential to keep the plants healthy and happy.
- Engage in data collection so that we can continually improve our strawberries.
Who you are:
- You’re a meticulous, self-motivated team player with a positive attitude - everyone at Oishii is a joy to work with!
- You love the natural rhythm of farming and would thrive spending hours every day in a farm caring for plants-- experience with gardening is a plus.
- You’re able to work at least 5 days a week, with flexible scheduling available between weekdays and weekends.
- You’re physically capable of frequent ladder use and lifting up to 30 pounds, and enjoy being active at work.
- You’re authorized to work in the US.
- Start date: Immediate
- Hourly pay with the chance to develop into a full-time, salaried position depending on skills and experience. Overtime hours occasionally available as needed.
- Location: On-site at our company’s headquarters in Kearny, New Jersey
If you think that you are a good fit for the role, please submit your resume as well as your name, current work status, and your approximate commute time to Kearny. We look forward to hearing from you!
To apply, please visit the listing on our careers page