- Head Grower (Vine Crops) US / Canada
- Grower/Manager - Cuernavaca, Mexico
- Cacao Research Collection Manager - UC Davis campus
- Commercial Manager - Europe
- Sale Manager - remote position located in Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- State Specialist/Extension Professor of Plant Pathology - Durham (NH) USA
- Grower - Snowflake, Arizona
- Sales Director
- Master Hydroponics Grower - Bethesda (MD) USA
- Commercial Director - ROA (To be based in Malaysia)
Top 5 -yesterday
- US (OR): “A wildfire, an ice storm, and a pandemic”
- "With this machine hardly any manual correction is needed anymore"
- Study on post-harvest handling of cut flowers
- UK: £29m investment to support eco-friendly distribution
- Israel: “Our assortment is inspired by the increasing demand for ‘useful’ plants”
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Commercial Director - ROA (To be based in Malaysia)
Dümmen Orange is one of the world’s leading breeder and propagator of cut flowers, bulbs, tropical plants, pot plants, bedding plants and perennials. For our Commercial organization in Rest of Asia (ROA), we are looking for a Commercial Director - ROA (To be based in Malaysia).
Our organization grows and flourishes. This results in a fast-changing and, therefore, challenging environment.
We are looking for an ambitious and energetic person for the position Commercial Director - ROA, he she should demonstrate strong entrepreneurial attitude and able to strategically draw business plans for developing regions & emerging markets. He/she will challenge the status quo and will be conducting the following:
- Accountable for delivering the budgeted sales and costs of Dümmen Orange Rest of Asia by means of managing the sales, key account management, and new business development.
- Overseeing the campaign marketing activities to align on and deliver the campaign plans and corporate marketing initiatives.
- Building and developing a team of professional sales people, outstanding sales force effectiveness skills, with strong customer focus and disciplined sales delivery.
- Responsible for the translation of our corporate identity, image and brand values into the Rest of Asia organization and market.
- Acting as a representative of the Rest of Asia Leadership Team / APAC Leadership Teams.
Your tasks and responsibilities
The Commercial Manager is primary responsible for:
- Managing & developing the sales team & campaign marketing team.
- Ensuring that annual sales and cost budgets are achieved, this is inclusive of cutting, license and agent sales.
- Developing new businesses in strategic crops & markets.
- Preparing an ambitious, but realistic sales and cost plan for budget.
- Preparing for and presenting the monthly sales performance review and providing regular updates aligned with management’s expectations.
- Utilizing forecasting tools to forecast annual demand, track existing performance.
- Either directly, or through the sales team, optimizing relations with key-accounts, inclusive of building individual plan for each Key Account. Each key account plan will be linked to the campaign plans for all designated key accounts on an annual basis.
- Preparing and chairing the sales and campaign meetings.
- Consolidating market intelligence from the sales team related to Dümmen Orange, industry matters, competition, and product performance.
- Establish key performance indicators and conducting performance management aligned with Dümmen Orange China procedures to monitor individual and team key performance
- Supporting the APAC Leadership Team to build a Rest of Asia strategy and accountable for its implementation.
- Coordinate sales activities and help/coach sales reps to set and achieve their objectives in an organized manner.
- Work with the campaign marketing team to develop and implement campaign plans, with accountability for implementation of all campaign activities owned by individual sales representatives.
- Lead by example to the (sales) team with pro-active attitude, strategic approach, and execution ability.
- Link with technical crop experts in our organization to organize support and utilize their expertise where necessary.
- Work within a matrix structure, to support and enable to R&D, P&S and support functions to deliver a fast growing business.
- Represent Dümmen Orange at various industry forums as requested.
- Leadership capabilities with capacity to develop, coach, and provide feedback to individuals and teams on sales, marketing and leadership.
- High integrity, respect for colleagues.
- Knowledge and passion for floriculture business.
- Experienced in managing and motivating a 5-20 sales reps, with proven leadership skills.
- Fluency in English.
- Willingness to travel >90 days/ year.
- Commercial and creative thought process.
- Ability to prepare analytical reports.
- Excellent communicator and networker, able to make connections.
- Energetic and a high degree of commitment.
- Ability to work successful in the ASEAN & South Asian cultures.
- Motivated and collaborative working style.
- Ability to work in a matrix organization and persuasively influence others.
- Flexible and proactive attitude.
- Bachelor degree or higher in agriculture or horticulture. Or proven track record working on this level.
- Knowledge of ASEAN / SOUTH ASIAN business culture
- Knowledge of agriculture and horticulture
- Additional language capabilities are favorable (Mandarin, Vietnamese, Hindi, Bengali)
Dümmen Orange has great global ambitions. Innovation, technology and quality are high priorities. This results in a challenging working environment in which you can develop yourself. Dümmen Orange offers its employees plenty of room for personal growth and development. We have an informal and easy accessible working environment in which cooperation is very important.
Dümmen Orange is the world’s largest breeder and propagator of flowers and plants. Its annual turnover is about 350 million euro. The company employs over 7.300 employees worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a diversified network of specialized production sites. The key to Dümmen Orange’s success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. The company embraces its social responsibilities and invests in the health, safety and personal development of its staff.
Click on the button below to apply for this job. If you have questions about the job, you can contact Dennis Hsiao (Human Resource Manager - APAC), via firstname.lastname@example.org .
Acquisition with reference to this advertisement will not be appreciated.