- Head Grower (Vine Crops) US / Canada
- Grower/Manager - Cuernavaca, Mexico
- Cacao Research Collection Manager - UC Davis campus
- Commercial Manager - Europe
- Sale Manager - remote position located in Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- State Specialist/Extension Professor of Plant Pathology - Durham (NH) USA
- Grower - Snowflake, Arizona
- Sales Director
- Master Hydroponics Grower - Bethesda (MD) USA
- Commercial Director - ROA (To be based in Malaysia)
Top 5 -yesterday
- US (OR): “A wildfire, an ice storm, and a pandemic”
- "With this machine hardly any manual correction is needed anymore"
- Study on post-harvest handling of cut flowers
- UK: £29m investment to support eco-friendly distribution
- Israel: “Our assortment is inspired by the increasing demand for ‘useful’ plants”
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Master Hydroponics Grower - Bethesda (MD) USA
Master Hydroponics Grower
Gardyn Inc. designs and develops high density, AI-driven, plug-n-play vertical hydroponic gardens (aka “Gardyn Homes”) for the cultivation of top-quality produce anywhere, all year, and in any climate. Our indoor vertical Gardyns improve lifestyle, health, and the environment by providing tasty, affordable, nutritious greens, fruits, vegetables, herbs and medicinal plants without sacrificing design, space, or resources.
Created by a team of busy parents, professionals, cooks, and food lovers who care about what we eat, how we live, and where our food comes from, we want to make an impact to help solve the current nutrition and environment issues we are facing. As a mission-driven company, our team seeks to shape the future of food and health by leveraging new technologies to lessen environmental impact and give access to healthy, tasty, nutritious food to all.
Be our dynamic Master Gardyner by championing Gardyn plant health and performance through your knowledge and experimentation
Synergize your Master Gardyner skillsets with our resource and customer support teams to ensure an outstanding Gardyn customer experience growing tasty, nutritious, fresh produce.
To nail your job you will:
Manage the health and growth of our current and future nutritious, tasty Gardyn plant portfolio
- Monitor and maintain the health and productivity of 8 Gardyn devices at the Hyve in Bethesda, MD
- Conduct and document germination trials and growth studies on Gardyn portfolio plants and future plant portfolio candidates
- Curate plant trial data and reports
- Develop new SOPs for Gardyn plant evaluations
- Work with Supply Chain to validate germination and growth of new seed lots
- Collaborate with Customer Support for exchanges of insight and learnings on plant health and performance on Gardyn
Drive new learnings and innovation through internal and external collaborations
- Working with the Head of Plants and Nutrition, collaborate with University partners to advance Gardyn plant research
- Conduct trials to enhance our understanding of Gardyn system parameter effects on different plant varieties
- Work cross-functionally with Gardyn teams to drive innovation
Ensure an outstanding Gardyner growing journey
- Identify and validate home-ready solutions for improved Gardyn experience: i.e. pest control, cleaning, plant systemic resistance
- Provide plant portfolio and resource recommendations based on documented plant performance and anticipated consumer experience
- Provide critical germinating, thinning, pollinating, IMP, and harvesting information to the Gardyn resource team and customer support team
- Work cross-functionally to envision the future of customer growing journeys with Gardyn
We'll love you because:
- You are passionate about plants and food, and bring a strong expertise in hydroponic cultivation encompassing a variety of edible plants
- You are a detail-oriented self-starter that can carry out experiments and reporting
- You have experience calibrating and operating basic lab equipment such as a pH meter, DO meter, EC meter, SPAD meter, etc.
- Your hydroponics and plant knowledge enables you solve operational (Gardyn) and physiological (plant) related challenges
- You bring valuable expertise in IPM (integrated pest management), organic biocontrols, basic entomology
- You are able to work at least part-time in Bethesda MD to manage the Gardyn Hyve
- You are excited by AgTech/Digital Ag and the future of food
- You bring out the best in people to ensure the success of the team, our business and our customers
- You thrive in a constantly changing environment
- You have a strong ability to anticipate on future needs and plan accordingly
- You love teamwork in a multicultural and diverse environment.
- You have outstanding listening and communication skills
- You have a high level of comfort giving/receiving constructive feedback
You’ll love us because:
- We encourage unconventional thinking.
- We are paving the path for innovation in home grown food. We are creating a movement bigger than ourselves that will positively enhance people’s lives.
- We practice radical candor and encourage employees to be authentic and transparent when communicating with all internal employees as well as external vendor relationships.
- We lead with context not control and let you determine the best ways to accomplish your goals.
- We are a wicked smart yet humble team. Egos are not welcome here.
- Gardyn embodies the start-up culture with the success to back it up. Come prepared to work in a highly adaptable, fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in a related field such as Horticulture, Plant Science, Agricultural Systems, etc.
- Demonstrated experience with hydroponics production systems
- Demonstrated project management experience
We value teamwork, mutual respect and cooperation. We do not practice unlawful discrimination, including harassment or tolerate it in our workplace. What do we mean by discrimination? We mean that we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
To Apply: firstname.lastname@example.org