- Head Grower (Vine Crops) US / Canada
- Grower/Manager - Cuernavaca, Mexico
- Cacao Research Collection Manager - UC Davis campus
- Commercial Manager - Europe
- Sale Manager - remote position located in Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- State Specialist/Extension Professor of Plant Pathology - Durham (NH) USA
- Grower - Snowflake, Arizona
- Sales Director
- Master Hydroponics Grower - Bethesda (MD) USA
- Commercial Director - ROA (To be based in Malaysia)
Top 5 -yesterday
- US (OR): “A wildfire, an ice storm, and a pandemic”
- "With this machine hardly any manual correction is needed anymore"
- Study on post-harvest handling of cut flowers
- UK: £29m investment to support eco-friendly distribution
- Israel: “Our assortment is inspired by the increasing demand for ‘useful’ plants”
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Grower - Snowflake, Arizona
Copperstate Farms / Sol Flower
Who We Are:
At Copperstate Farms and Sol Flower, we’re creating a better kind of cannabis company. Where we know happy plants begin with happy people. We aspire to high standards, take pride in our work, and drive for better results every day. At the greenhouse, our roots are growing flower, but we’ve branched out to offer an extensive range of cannabis products like edibles, topicals, and concentrates for retail dispensary locations. From farm to market, we are committed to the quality of our products and are always testing for patient and customer safety. By bringing together best practices from big agriculture, consumer packaged goods, and pharmaceutical and retail industries, Copperstate is becoming one of the top cannabis companies to work for.
What We’re Growing:
As one of the largest greenhouse cannabis producers in North America, Copperstate Farms ranges over 1.7 million square feet of canopy and 40 acres under glass. It’s here where we have been growing a house of cannabis brands that our patients and customers can trust, each addressing a different needs state and demographic. From the greenhouse to corporate to multiple Sol Flower dispensaries, we’re an inclusive cannabis community empowering wellness for all. Most of all, we strive for a culture where our employees view us as one of the best places to work.
POSITION TITLE: Grower
POSITION STATUS: Full Time/Exempt
POSITION RANGE OF PAY: $100,000-$ 125,000 DOE
Directly responsible for day to day management of implementation of Copperstate Farms’ production overview including lighting environment, fertigation, and delivering healthy productive plants.
PRIMARY POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum 10 years’ experience of High-Tech Greenhouse Growing
- In depth knowledge and experience with Priva Environmental controls
- IPM monitoring and implementation systems on a large scale
- Cannabis experience is preferred but not required.
- Must be legally eligible to work with cannabis in Arizona.
Duties of this job include, but are not limited to:
- Directly responsible for proper nutrition and irrigation;
- Directly responsible for proper greenhouse environmental control using Priva software;
- Communicates all cultural or plant issues to the Head Grower immediately;
- Directly responsible for crop health;
- Directly responsible for accurate crop registration and metrics;
- Directly responsible for determining labor tasks and scheduling with the Head Grower;
- Directly responsible for managing and training of Grower Technicians;
- Works well and effectively with fellow co-workers;
- Maintains confidentiality of information that is meant to be confidential;
- Observe, see, hear and respond to directions given with effective outcomes;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
There are also a number of qualities to expect from a candidate to flourish in a Grower role:
ACCEPTABLE EDUCATION, TRAINING & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Horticulture or related field or;
- Associates Degree in Horticulture or related field with 1-2 years of experience or;
PREFERRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Must have extensive experience working with Priva
- Supervisory skills used in the management of tasks to Assistant Growers;
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Read and speak English: Bilingual in Spanish helpful but not required;
- Training skills used to train Assistant Growers.
- Requires prolonged sitting, standing, walking, bending, lifting, and use of hands;
- Frequently requires physical exertion to manually move, lift, carry, pull, or push heavy objects or materials;
- Frequently stooping, bending, and reaching;
- Must work indoors and outdoors year-round;
- Must work in noisy and crowded environments;
- Must work in hot conditions with high humidity;
- Lift 25-50 pounds from the floor to a waist-high table when necessary;
- Crouch & bend often;
- Stand for short/ high periods of time;
- Sit for short/ medium periods of time;
- Walk for short/high periods of time;
- Occasionally sit on the floor or at floor level;
- Handle the responsibilities and routine stress often associated with this position;
COMMITENT & DEPENDABILITY:
- Willingness to be an integral member of a successful team;
- Dedication to provide the highest levels of service;
- Excellent attendance and reliability;
- Adherence to company policies and procedures;
- Dedicated to maintaining confidentiality in every aspect of the job;
- Dedicated to maintain high standards of professional conduct at all times.
TIME MANAGEMENT: Must plan two to twelve weeks in advance, depending upon the directive given by the site supervisor.
STRESS MANAGEMENT: Periodic stress due to intermediate time deadlines and timely implementation of department particulars.
PUBLIC CONTACT: Effectively interact primarily with a broad range of people across many different arenas for the company.
RESPONSIBILITY: Establishing, implementing, organizing, and evaluating an effective program for plants with evidence of healthy, productive plant growth.
To Apply, click here