- Night-Shift Crop Inspector - San Jose (CA) USA
- Product Coördinator Fresh produce - Ridderkerk, Dinteloord of Heerle
- Medewerker Marketing & Communicatie - Hillegom
- Supply Chain Specialist - Nairobi, Kenya
- Greenhouse Director of Production - Center Moriches (NY) USA
- Head Grower Cannabis - Reading, Southern England
- Global Product Manager - Northeast Ohio area
- Produce Sales Representative - Remote/Surrounding Los Angeles area
- Managing Director - Leamington (Ontario) Canada
- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Plastic fantastic: “We need to change the negative view about plastic”
- Kenya: "fresh produce left to waste in farms over standoff with airline"
- "This expansion will allow us to establish closer partnerships with vendors"
- NL: The road to 50 million plants
- US (FL): Take a tour around Costa Farms’ greenhouses full of rare plants
Top 5 -last month
Product Development Specialist Tomato - ‘s Gravenzande, Westland, The Netherlands
Is it an exciting challenge to become product development specialist of a young, agile and ambitious vegetable breeding company? On behalf of Totam Seeds we like to get in contact with you to make this dream come true,
Product Development Specialist Tomato
planning, marketing, agronomy
Location: ‘s Gravenzande, Westland, The Netherlands
Totam Seeds, part of the seed vegetables department from Mitsui Co. is an innovative, young and modern seed breeding company founded by growers for growers in 2010. To expand Totam’s operations, Mitsui will be partnering with the Prominent Group, the largest tomato agriculture cooperative in the Netherlands representing approximately 30% of the nation's tomato production. They are specialized in the development and selection of tomato seeds for professional cultivation in high tech greenhouses.
Totam Seeds have two main ambitions: develop superior quality tomato varieties with superior taste, high yield at a fair price! and establish solid and lasting partnership with our clients.
To strength our product development activities we are looking for candidates for an open position as Product Development Specialist.
You are responsible for the tomato product development process of advancing and positioning varieties into the markets. You work with producers and dealers to plan and execute the yearly trials plan across regions and countries. You collect data on markets potential and product profile requirements. At tradeshows, open days and customer network you are the product technical expertise of Totam Seeds. You are an active member of important internal processes like crop business plan, product advancement and forecasting working closely together with Sales & Breeding, and report to the CEO.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and organize the yearly varieties trials plan and secure data collection from trials;
- Manage and secure all global product fielddata in the product management database;
- Define product positioning, based on competitive and market segmentation analysis and deep understanding of variety unique selling points, features and benefits;
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of the competitors’ strengths and weaknesses by type and segment and country;
- Be an active member of the yearly crop business plan and product advancement process together with breeding, sales, marketing and supply chain;
- Identify new and updates existing product profile requirements to ensure breeding goals are on target and suggest parameters for global crop assortment structure;
- Provide the data to prepare, update, and control forecasts for seeds production of varieties together with sales & supply chain manager;
- Prepares monthly activity report and activity schedule;
- Provides support to commercial teams for product presentations to customers and leads the creation of key selling messages for each variety;
- Establish a continuous feedback loop of customers’ needs to drive R&D and marketing activities.
Our ideal candidate
- You are a dynamic person who takes initiative, is flexible and pragmatic, and able to promote a positive image of the company’s vision, mission and values;
- You are a service-oriented team player;
- You have strong planning and organization skills;
- You can work independently, but you are also able to work in cross-functional teams and can connect with external stakeholders;
- You have professional, assertive and clear communication skills (verbal and written);
- Must have demonstrated ability to coordinate a high level of activity under a variety of conditions and constraints;
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with management on strategic planning goals;
- Must be knowledgeable of the greenhouse tomato business and the seed industry sector;
- Open minded and ability to work in multicultural environment;
- Self-starter and pro-active personality with strong interest for field work;
- Be able to work long and/or irregular hours;
- Must be able to travel for long periods of time throughout the year.
- 7-10 yrs. general industry experience with specific acquired knowledge of the tomato active greenhouse sector in positions like trial officers, product development, product management, marketing and sales;
- 5-10 years business exposure in agriculture and horticulture;
- Comprehensive understanding of greenhouse production and growing fundamentals;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications with the ability to learn new applications quickly;
- You have a valid driver’s license;
- Language: English fluent oral and written;
- Bsc Horticultural Science with industry understanding or equivalent business experience.
Offer Totam Seeds
Becoming a member of a Small, agile and flexible tomatoes breeding company with strong ambitions for growth that develops and sell the seeds of these varieties all over the world.
Be part of the management team and with possible career path across the organization or other sister companies within the mother group Mitsui Co.
A position in a company active at global level with a stimulating working environment, where inclusive culture, passion about what we do and growth mindset are the pillars.
Personal contribution will be valued and rewarded, and a continuous learning path will be available.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a really successful seed business. so if you are an experienced product specialist or portfoliomanager or you are ready to take the next step in your career. Then apply confidentially to or get in contact with Green Career Consult, via Mr. Johan Grootscholten, senior consultant, mobile: +31 (0)6 38976049.
Please sent your cover letter and cv by E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Totam Seeds Company movie
About the Totam Seeds Shareholders
Mitsui & Co. Ltd is a global conglomerate engaged in trading and investment activities. It has 16 business units, including the Nutrition and Agriculture Business Unit. Among its diverse business operations, Mitsui develops new hybrid seeds through its portfolio companies including Top Seeds International and Japan Vegetable Seeds (joint venture between Mitsui and Japanese seed companies; Nippon Norin Seed Co., Kurume Vegetable Breeding Co., Nanto Seeds Co., and Matsui Seeds Co.).
Prominent founded in 1995 is an innovative specialist in tomatoes, the 29 Prominent growers produce top tomato varieties all year round. They work together in packaging and develop knowledge to share, for example in the areas of cultivation, crop protection and energy. Cooperative Growers United is responsible for the sales, marketing and quality control of the tomatoes of the product.