- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
Top 5 -yesterday
- Pink hydrangea named after and christened by Dolly Buster
- Biological fungicide protects against soil-borne diseases such as Pythium
- Marginpar has new headquarters and a whole new IT system
- Groenland and L&M Groep join forces to become One Flora Group
- Bioline Agroscience is launching the first rhizobacterial-based biostimulant
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Business Development Manager
Janssen PMP, a division of Janssen Pharmaceutica (Johnson & Johnson family of companies) is a long-established world leader in the development and formulation of new and highly effective active substances and end-use products for the protection of fresh produce, especially fruits and vegetables. With more than 50 years’ experience in Postharvest treatments and Plant Protection, Janssen PMP has developed strong technical and commercial expertise.
Janssen PMP has the ambition to accelerate the extension of its portfolio with new products and technologies derived from nature.
With the support of the Business Unit leaders, the Head of R&D and the other functions related to product evaluation and product development, the Business Development Manager contributes to scouting, identifying, evaluating and negotiating business deals with external partners that can contribute to the continued growth of Janssen PMP.
The Business Development Manager is a member of the Janssen PMP R&D team and reports to the Head of the R&D Department.
One of the key roles of the R&D team is to provide critical support to the development of new products and technologies and to the evaluation of potential in-licensing opportunities. The Business Development Manager will directly contribute to reach the objective of the R&D team. Interactions are required both inside and outside Janssen PMP.
Essential Functions and Profile
Business Development activity
- Scouts for new products and technologies to be applied on fruits and vegetables in Postharvest (or in the field) with a focus on materials derived from nature: Participation to fairs and conferences, partnerships with specialized consultants, literature search, networking within the industry players and any relevant stakeholders.
- Negotiates and closes agreements to secure the access to such opportunities that can add value to the PMP business short & long term. The agreements to be negotiated are Non-Disclosure Agreement, Material and Transfer Agreement, Evaluation and Option Agreement, In-Licensing Agreement, etc.
- Responsible to collect external market data and internal market input. Ensures the analysis of this market information to identify trends, opportunities and to place into perspective the business opportunities identified.
- In charge of developing a preliminary business forecast per innovation identified. This forecast will be based on marketing, regulatory and technical assumptions.
- Contributes to strategic plans from market information and creates compelling market analysis presentations.
- Serves as a primary interface between innovation partners and internal departments.
- Participates actively to formal projects as core team members or Project leader. Projects at Janssen PMP are managed under FPX (Flawless Project Execution) guidelines.
- Education level: University degree in relevant discipline combining Business and Science in the field of agriculture, agronomy, biology, chemistry or biochemistry
- Ideally possesses experience in business development in the Plant Protection and the Biopesticide industry or similar
- Experience in scouting for new technologies, especially in the area of “green” materials
- Familiar with Intellectual Property management
- Good established network in the related field and excellent in building long term relationships
- Curious, structured and creative
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent in English and ideally in Dutch and Spanish
- Business development mindset and able to operate with a certain level of independence.
- Flexible, entrepreneurial and able to perform in a demanding environment.
Open but regular presence in Beerse (Belgium) is a must
- +/- 25%
Send your resume and application to:
Raphael Van Lier
Geoffroy de Chabot