- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
Top 5 -yesterday
- Pink hydrangea named after and christened by Dolly Buster
- Biological fungicide protects against soil-borne diseases such as Pythium
- Marginpar has new headquarters and a whole new IT system
- Groenland and L&M Groep join forces to become One Flora Group
- Bioline Agroscience is launching the first rhizobacterial-based biostimulant
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Short Description: The Greenhouse Director manages day-to-day production and operations and also audits and refines current processes.
The Greenhouse Director is responsible for managing day-to-day production and operations. They also routinely audit and refine current processes to make them as clean and efficient as possible. The ideal candidate dreams of changing the way cities eat and is incredibly organized, caring, and hardworking. They should apply first principles thinking and data-driven decision-making to everything they do, seek operational excellence and continuous improvement, and be able to lead a strong team. We welcome applicants from all stages of their careers, prioritizing candidates with management experience and horticulture or engineering background.
- Support, mentor, and motivate team members;
- Develop and report on KPIs for the department (cost, quality, operational excellence, turnover, absenteeism, employee morale, safety, waste);
- Oversee the development of new greenhouses and projects related to the department’s growth, efficiency improvements, and other capacity gains or cost reductions; ○ Communication liaison between the plant science and operations teams, ensuring constant collaboration between these sub-departments;
- Responsible for maintaining a strong culture of inclusion and respect while ensuring operational excellence.
- At least five years of experience managing fast-paced operations;
- Knowledge of health and safety systems;
- Technical expertise in a relevant field of science or engineering;
- Intensely curious and constantly seeking opportunities to learn new skills; ○ A highly independent leader that embodies an ownership mentality and requires minimal direction;
- Executes and communicates with confidence while being mindful of others; ○ Committed to commuting to four different greenhouse sites throughout Montreal; ○ Comfortable using Google Suite or other comparable software applications.
- Stays up-to-date with the latest technological and scientific developments in relevant industries, etc.;
- Bilingual in French and English (or more).
- Full-time position of 40-45 hours per week with time outside regular hours or on weekends expected.
Compensation & benefits:
- Salary to be determined based on experience and knowledge of the candidate;
- You will also be eligible to participate in the firm’s health insurance, dental, and disability programs after completion of the probationary period (paid 50% by the employee and 50% by Lufa Farms).
Please email your application to our HR department via email@example.com, be sure to include:
- The name of the position you’re applying for;
- Attach your CV (no longer than one page unless you have a compelling reason);
- Let us know what you’re looking for in terms of compensation.