- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
- Country Manager – Italy
- Country Manager – Spain
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Country Manager – Spain
Who we are:
Wikifarmer is a global platform with the mission of empowering farmers by educating them and offering them access to the open market to sell their products at fair prices.
The Problem We Are Solving:
Most farmers in the world still cultivate their fields with techniques learned from experience or taught by their ancestors, leading to non-optimum practices in terms of yield and regard to the environmental impact. Farmers produce the most valuable part of the food supply chain, but they are the ones getting the least value out of it.
How we are fixing this:
Wikifarmer is building both an educational platform and a digital Marketplace. On one side of our Platform, producers can tap into and update their agricultural knowledge and practices and on the other side they can upload their products for free, gaining immediate and direct access to domestic and international markets.
What we are looking for:
Having recently secured a new round of funding from Point Nine (Revolut, Delivery Hero, Typeform) we are starting to build our Sales Leadership team - central to those hires will be our new Country Manager - Spain In close collaboration with the Chief Commercial Officer and the Founders, you will own and drive our sales and business development strategy and execution in Spain. You will be responsible for the development of sales in the whole country, contributing to the growth of Wikifarmer. You will utilise your Business Development and Leadership skills to ensure that we build a strong local presence and long term relationships with local food processing units, importers/exporters and retail customers.
As the Country Manager Spain in the company, your key responsibilities will be:
- Sell the platform’s food and agricultural products to Spanish customers in the food sector (Food Processing Units, Food Wholesalers, Major Retailers, Hotel Chains)
- Manage you own local P&L, trying to maximize profitability, growth and target achievement
- Manage the performance of a small team to jointly achieve your targets
- Acquire new accounts, by sourcing new products on demand
- Develop strong relationships with customers ( owners, supply and purchasing directors) in order to upsell and cross sell
- Built partnerships with agricultural co-operatives and independent producers, contributing to the supply side strategy of the company
- Utilize our CRM to effectively manage and activate incoming leads
- Grow the market for Wikifarmer to a stage where a local sales and business development team will be built and managed
- Travel up to 25% of the time. All expenses will be covered
- You have 7+ years of sales experience and a successful commercial track record within the Food Wholesale industry
- You have a strong network of decision-making Food and Beverage Buyers
- You have financial and business acumen, being very literate in calculating margins and profitability
- You have impactful communication and presentation skills
- You are comfortable in negotiating with a long term relationship mindset
- You’re an entrepreneur at heart and you’re not afraid to build everything from scratch
- Excellent knowledge of Spanish and English language
If you would be interested in chatting with us please send us an email at: email@example.com (Ilias Sousis, co-founder).
To apply, please click here.