- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
- Country Manager – Italy
- Country Manager – Spain
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
Role type: Permanent, Full-Time
Salary range: $109,626 to $148,138 depending on skills and experience
Kōrero mō te Tūranga - About the Role
We have a vacancy for a highly talented and experienced Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager to lead a team of 8-10 staff in plant post entry quarantine.
In this role you will work closely with the other laboratory managers across MPI.
The scope of the work includes leading the post entry quarantine Level 3B greenhouse and Level 3 Tissue Culture work programmes and processes:
• upkeep of the facilities and meeting the Standards within the approved Operational and Capex budget
• providing support to diagnostics by leading the team in conducting woody indexing and herbaceous indexing, managing positive controls, etc.
• adherence to quality systems and health and safety requirements
You will possess advanced skills in project and relationship management. You are also expected to provide services to the incursion and compliance investigations and responses for the exotic plants found in post border, contribute to the laboratory's strategic objectives and projects, develop and get funding for relevant research opportunities and publish the team's results in international peer-reviewed journals.
You will provide support and input on work across the branch and/or other parts of MPI and externally and work closely within and beyond MPI with opportunities to work nationally and internationally with other scientific organizations. You will be working with a diverse range of stakeholders, including industry representatives, and sometimes in pressure situations, meaning your communication and negotiation skills will be second to none.
Mōu - About You
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
• Minimum of a post-graduate university qualification (preferable doctoral) related to horticulture.
• Proven experience of managing and developing highly qualified scientific staff and in leading a high performing team
• Expert technical knowledge and broad experience of managing post entry quarantine programmes and processes.
• Expert operational management skills.
• Proven leadership skills
• Excellent oral communication and writing skills
• Experience of budget management
You will be an approachable leader who can quickly establish rapport with your team. You will also be a member of a dynamic leadership team that takes pride in its people and the results they deliver together.
Mō tō mātou Rōpū - About the Team
Our Diagnostic and Surveillance Services (DSS) directorate are the guardians of Aotearoa New Zealand's biosecurity.
One of our greatest assets is our people. We've got a team of highly qualified, passionate science professionals who get to work on projects they're interested in. With employees from over 20 different countries, DSS is one of the most diverse, welcoming spaces in MPI.
Then there's our facilities. We've got the highest post-entry quarantine level plant facility in NZ. All our labs are reference labs, so our team works on complex cases, not standard diagnostic lab activities. We have the best, highest qualified people - critical thinkers solving dynamic problems. You'll work on challenging, interesting and unusual cases – often things that are so new to biosecurity that no one else is working on them.
Mō te Manatū Ahu Matua - About MPI
Our role includes seizing export opportunities for our food and fibre sector, improving sector productivity, ensuring the food we produce is safe, increasing sustainable resource use, and protecting New Zealand from biological risk.
Ngā hua o te mahi i te Manatū Ahu Matua - Benefits of working at MPI
• Additional MPI leave days
• Reduced premiums for Group Healthcare Schemes
• Work in Aotearoa New Zealand's highest level post-entry quarantine plant facility.
Wā Mahi Ngāwari - Flexible Working We support flexible working arrangements and are happy to discuss these options with you.
Kua rite koe mō tēnei mahi whaitake? - Are you ready to make a difference?
We are committed to being a good partner under Te Tiriti o Waitangi which includes working closely with iwi, hapū, whanau and hāpori.
We aspire to reflect the diverse communities we serve, so we welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds, and identities. As an organisation, we are committed to making Manatū Ahu Matua a great place to work for all.
In your cover letter we'd like to know about you, your values, your whakapapa; your interest and motivations for this role; the abilities, strengths, personal attributes and diverse perspectives you will bring to the role and this organisation, which may have also been gained outside of the workforce.
To view the position description and/or apply online, visit the MPI Careers Site. To apply, you must hold the right to work in New Zealand or be eligible to obtain it – click here to find out more about work visa eligibility and options.
Applications close at midnight on Friday 17 February 2023.
For further technical information about the position including remuneration, contact Lalith Kumarasinghe at Lalith.Kumarasinghe@mpi.govt.nz
Whāia ngā tūhononga ki MPI i konei – Follow MPI here