- Sales Representative Southeastern US
- Bedding and Perennials Sales Manager Europe
- Horticultural Technician
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Tissue Culture Laboratory Scientist
- Manager Operations & Logistics
- Vegetable Advisor (Permanent)
- Horticultural Commercial Director
- Senior Operations Manager Nursery
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- "It extends the shelf life of roses by 50-100%"
- "Entering Europe is a natural next step in our growth"
- Cut flower ocean shipments continue to rise
- “In over 35 years of operations, we’ve seen a lot change in the foliage market”
- Denmark: "Growers see this crisis as an opportunity to improve and be more innovative"
Who we are?
SMARTKAS is a fast-growing company that is committed to food security in the broadest sense of the term. The aim is to grow local to serve local. Our products are grown in a sustainable and clean way, without pesticides. We are an international company that is always looking for motivated people with the desire to learn and grow.
As a Smart Farm Compliance Manager you work in a dynamic environment and you support the production process. You will have the opportunity to be part of a state of the art facility, where the future of agriculture is being shaped.
What are you going to do?
We are looking for a farm manager who is able to manage the end to end operations of the farm in Netherlands along with the support of the grower and the harvesting and packing supervisor.
- Conduct continuous improvements meeting with the team on weekly and daily basis to understand how we can improve to achieve the expected results
- Actively look out for the 7 types of waste (as per lean) and identify ways to improve the same
- Ensure the system works on pull and Kanban system of signaling is followed to pull the raw materials
- Overall responsible for the operations, material, and people in the packhouse and cold storage
- Ensures the required tools, material and the raw material required for packing, smooth movement of material and storage in cold storage is in place
- Maintains workflow by monitoring steps of the process; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources; developing reporting procedures and systems; facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points
- Ensure the material and people movement protocols are adhered to as per company policies
- Actively communicate the roles and responsibilities, targets and expectations from the team members
- Track the performance of the teams against the target and share active feedback where required (also record the performance data)
- Ensure the packing process as laid out in SOP is properly adhered to conduct sample quality checks form the quality center as per the quality norms laid out by the Company and make a record of the same
- Ensures operation of equipment by calling for repairs, evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Ensure the storing of material in the cold storage is in line with the company policies
- Ensure the required recording of data (as per the software) is carried out by the person as well as the team members
- Share active feedback with the senior management on what processes can be improved and what other interventions can be taken
Qualifications / Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- High standard of written and spoken English.
- Experience with working in farms and fruits and vegetables in the past
- Strong belief that the data is extremely important for measuring and improving
- Disciplined and expected to be a role model for the team to set right examples
- Strong team management skills
- Computer literate
- Receptiveness to change within a fast moving industry.
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary
- Clean and modern working environment
- Flexible work hours
- Growth opportunities and possibility of relocation
If you feel like this could be the right fit for you, we would love to hear from you! Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is based in Oude Meer, you need to live in the Netherlands and preferably in the Amsterdam area.