- Bedding and Perennials Sales Manager Europe
- Horticultural Technician
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Tissue Culture Laboratory Scientist
- Manager Operations & Logistics
- Vegetable Advisor (Permanent)
- Horticultural Commercial Director
- Senior Operations Manager Nursery
- EU Sales and Region manager
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Sollum Technologies offers greenhouse growers the most unique, high-performing LED grow light solution on the market. It Is fully dynamic, meaning that it is 100% programmable thanks to an AI-powered cloud platform and IoT grow lights. It is the only technology that dynamically recreates, perfects, and modulates in real time the full spectrum of the Sun’s natural light. This enables the cultivation of any crop anywhere, regardless of its native climate and the location of the greenhouse. Our solution offers unparalleled value in terms of energy savings, productivity and quality while contributing to the growth of local, ethical, and sustainable agriculture. Our future-proof solution is designed and manufactured in Canada.
Working for Sollum Technologies is being part of a family that cares about developing pioneering technology and where your opinion and ideas are welcome. We offer stimulating and enriching workdays in an open space in Old Montréal.
We are currently seeking someone to fill the position of Agronomist who will report to the Agronomy Lead and VP Customer Operations. As an expert in your field, you will follow-up with our Ontario clients to ensure that they are using their Sollum lighting solution to its full potential.
Your mission if you accept it?
Support our clients in the use of dynamic lighting to develop
innovative lighting strategies
What your day-to-day looks like:
- Lead regular follow-ups with Sollum clients to understand their needs and proactively develop dynamic lighting strategies to ensure that their dynamic lighting solution is meeting their needs;
- Have in-depth knowledge of greenhouse operations and the interaction between different environmental parameters (including light) and crop performance, as well as have technical discussions with the grower about these interactions;
- Receive and handle client requests for modifications to their lighting plan;
- Participate in the development of Sollum's horticultural research plan, conducting R&D to improve our products;
- Facilitate knowledge development with growers by assisting in trial design, data analysis and data visualization through project dashboards;
- Maintain science-based relationships with our different partners (e.g. research centers);
- Prepare and deliver presentations targeting our clients and industry participants;
What you need to join our family:
- Bachelor's degree in Agronomy, Horticulture or a plant-related field
- Two (2) years of experience working with plants, ideally in greenhouse production or fruit and vegetable cultivation, and/or research and development;
- Extensive knowledge of plant physiology and controlled environment agriculture;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a multidisciplinary team
- Knowledge of Office Suite;
- Proficiency in written and spoken English;
- Proficiency in written and spoken French - a major asset;
- Driver's license a must;
- Reside in southern Ontario, ideally near Kingsville/Leamington area.
- You are both an office and a field person, and you are ready to travel frequently in Ontario (20 to 25% of the time);
- You’re enthusiastic, autonomous, organized and you have a passion for innovation;
- You have a great sense of professional rigor and analysis;
- You are open-minded to learning and using various data analysis tools;
- Lastly, you are capable of suggesting solutions aligned with the values we live by.
To apply, please send your resume and application to email@example.com at the attention of Mr. Thomas Monteil-Tardivel