- Technical Sales Representative, Leamington, Ontario
- Technical Sales Representative, Ancaster, Ontario
- HR Generalist
- Head Grower Strawberries (West Virginia USA)
- Global Sourcing Manager
- Buying Operations Manager (BOM Process)
- Sourcing Manager EU
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
- Senior Grower
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- Royal Flowers merges with The Elite Group
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “A new sales channel for flower companies without any labor or high fixed costs”
At Soli Organic, we want to change the way people access organic, sustainable, and affordable food by revolutionizing what nature does best: growing healthy, flavorful plants. We take what we know about the biology of growing the best produce, and then use technology to optimize nature’s processes. We do all of this in our proprietary, USDA-certified organic, soil-based, indoor system. For us, everything begins with soil; it is the foundational building blocks that enable us to provide an ecosystem in which plants can thrive.
Over the past 30 years, we've seen this mission spread beyond our wildest dreams. Today, we are an integrated food solutions group with a nation-wide presence, and an ambitious drive to continue to have a positive impact for consumers. So how did we reach this far? We are constantly learning from nature, and we are taking those lessons in innovative ways and creative solutions that will serve the community of consumers who are looking for flavorful, healthy, and sustainable produce options.
The Senior Grower will work with the site management team to ensure that all aspects of growing processes are operating effectively. The Sr. Grower coordinates efforts aimed at optimizing all aspects of the site’s product growing function throughout the entire growth process, including but not limited to, team management, plant handling, collection, analysis of environmental and production data. A significant component of this position is the ability to consistently deliver on high priority projects simultaneously as well as assist all Farm Operations teams and management in a wide range of different activities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Non-Essential Functions are preceded by an *)
- Responsible for the environmental climate control, overseeing agriculture equipment and instruments, such as heating systems, humidity controls, irrigation systems, fertilizer units, water storage tanks, electrical and computer systems and controls
- Utilizes and integrates new and existing growing technology
- Oversees crop production in assigned areas
- Analyzes insect and disease conditions and implements appropriate control measures
- Develops crop fertilization plan and oversees fertilization of crops by Growers and Grower Assistants
- Maintains pesticide and irrigation records up to date
- Researches and compiles safety controls procedures
- Performs fertilizers calculations
- Supervises and directs the assigned Assistant Growers and Growers
- Determines biological orders based on scouting & reports
- Works closely with the Site General Manager to achieve maximum growth & crop production
- Responsible for developing seeding plan with the site General Manager
- Assists the General Manager with budget development and expense allocation
- Reports any departmental discrepancies or problems to the site General Manager
- Monitors production at an off-site facility
- Leads ongoing growth activities and communicates effectively with all management
- Provides technical expertise to Greenhouse personnel
- Assists in scheduling of planting, fertilization, and harvesting
- Monitors crops for optimal growth
- Ensures safety as the number one priority and conducts daily self-checks of all assigned areas as also, promotes safety with actions and corrects unsafe findings immediately
- Adheres to all safety and food safety guidelines
- Reports and is accountable for notifying the site General Manager of observed safety concerns.
- Maintains a clean working environment
- Demonstrates the ability to lead and motivate people
- Effective communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Horticulture, foreign equivalent or related field required
- 7 years of growing experience in greenhouse and irrigation systems.
- Working knowledge of quality systems, food safety programs, GMPs, food defense, and HACCP
PREFERRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bi-lingual English & Spanish preferred
- Valid Driver’s License and satisfactory driving record
About Soli Organic:
We believe that accessing organic, sustainable, flavorful foods provides an opportunity for people of all identities, backgrounds, and cultures to enjoy high quality produce. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity in the workplace equally and ensure that everyone feels a sense of inclusion, participation and belonging. We also aim to extend this commitment to the partners we work with and the communities we serve. We are constantly listening, learning, and evolving to deliver on these principles. We are proud of our collaborative culture. Our diverse employee population shares our fundamental core values of Respect for All Individuals, Customer Obsession and Winning as One Team, which creates a culture that attracts top talent, forming the foundation for a great place to work!