- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
- Business Developer Water Storage - International technical horticulture
- Export Manager
The Head Grower is responsible for the performance of plant growth based on planning, preparation, oversight, and maintenance of greenhouse plant production. The Grower will effectively manage and adjust the growing strategies and schedules, as needed, to complete tasks within specified timelines and on budget.
Are you looking for a job in the agriculture industry? Vermillion Growers Ltd is a commercial greenhouse company located in Dauphin, Manitoba. By using the latest precision technology available, Vermillion Growers will produce Tomatoes on the Vine, providing an eco-friendly, and sustainable solution to an incredible consumer demand in the vegetable industry. Vermillion Growers is continuously looking to innovate, develop and design an environment that fosters energy, education, equality, and inspiration. Join our team and help us achieve our goal of “Growing Food, Growing People and Growing Community”.
We are in search of a head grower to join our team in Dauphin, MB.
Your duties will include:
· Managing the growing area and all related aspects of the farm.
· Oversee yearly crop clean out and new crop planting in areas as needed.
· Working with the crop scouts to properly implement the Integrated pest management program.
· Ensure all company, food safety, client and project policies, procedures and standards are adhered to.
· Complete daily operational tasks, while accurately maintaining records, data, and research projects.
· Recommend corrective actions such as removal of plants or remedial treatments as appropriate.
· Communication with suppliers, contractors, service providers, consultants, and international partners.
· Control plant nutrition at all stages of crop growth.
· Irrigation management including collecting and assessing water samples.
· Interpreting water sample results and adjusting fertilizer accordingly.
· Responsible for fertilizer inventory and ordering.
· Reporting any issues that need to be fixed to the maintenance worker.
· Daily inspections of the growing areas.
· Communicate with other departments to ensure timely and effective achievements in all greenhouse operations, including crop work, harvesting, and facility maintenance.
· Communicate with external partners to evaluate potential new growing procedures.
· Analyze and present records to Senior Management to support data driven growing.
· Guide and supervise the junior growers and crop scouts.
· Responsible for scheduling of crop work, for the gardeners, with the junior growers.
· Training personnel as needed.
· Carry out junior grower and crop scout performance reviews.
· Other duties as assigned.
To succeed, you possess the following:
· 3-5 years growing experience.
· Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent in agriculture, horticulture or related field.
· Knowledge of Integrated Pest Management (Chemicals and Biologicals)
· Experience using PRIVA.
· Experience growing tomatoes on the vine.
· General/Basic experience with Computers and Microsoft Word and Excel.
· Social Skills; able to take direction and constructive criticism, supervise other employees, etc. (Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills to interact with team members, senior support staff, and customers.)
· Ability to handle stressful situations, in an efficient and effective manner. (Excellent management skills: with the ability to organize and direct large teams, exercise good judgement in a fast-paced environment, and inspire and lead people)
· Excellent time management skills.
Salary: A competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive group benefit plan will be provided.
If you are looking for a new opportunity and want to join a team that believes in growing their people, apply today at email@example.com
Please include your resume and cover letter.
Only Qualified Candidates Will Be Contacted