Are you experienced in growing Hydrangea’s or are you sure you will manage to learn? Are you able to lead the daily operations of a brand-new nursery? And are you looking for a challenging job to lead Australia’s most modern Hydrangea nursery producing both cut flowers and potted plants?
Then you will certainly meet the wishes of Sunflora Group.
Farm Manager Australia
Sunflora Group a privately owned Australian company in growing, selling and distributing cut flowers and potted plants. It was founded in 2021 but before that the owners have been involved in the flower industry for decades.
Stanthorpe is located in the state of Queensland, just over 200 km southwest of Brisbane. It is situated in a rural area known for agriculture. There are multiple shops, supermarkets and restaurants.
Since August 2023 a brand-new 4 ha greenhouse was opened in Stanthorpe. This nursery has targets to annually grow 1.500.000 Hydrangea flowers and over 200.000 potted Hydrangeas in several pot sizes.
Sunflora supplies products to mainly the Australian and Asian markets mainly through wholesalers and is proudly committed to sustainable farming practices. The company approaches the usage of chemicals, water, fertilizers, and energy with extreme discipline in order to provide a quality product while protecting the health and welfare of the local residents and the surrounding ecosystem.
Besides the new greenhouse there is one more open field location to manage on a 10 minutes drive also managed by the Farm Manager.
Growing top quality Hydrangeas and responsible for an efficiently operating nursery
- Responsible for the entire farm with an emphasis on cultivation and optimizing operations.
- Direct management and supervision for 2 locations, in total about 30 people.
- Developing the skills of your team to subsequently transfer responsibilities to the team.
- Purchase daily supplies and submit proposals for future investments.
- Developing improvement points together with the board of Sunflora.
- Drawing up and maintaining policy in the field of health, safety and environment.
- Report directly to the owner of Sunflora.
Ambitious hands-on leader with a passion for cultivation and people
- A BSc/MSc graduation in Horticulture, Plant Sciences, Cultivation, Agronomy, Agribusiness, Farming or similar obtained through work experience and practice-oriented courses.
- Passion about the cultivation of plants, greenhouse vegetables and/or cut flowers is required.
- Experience in growing Hydrangea is preferable.
- At least 3 years of work experience, preferably on horticultural production farms.
- Good command of the English language.
- Team player with a working method aimed at quality of both product and organization.
- Willing to live in Stanthorpe, Qld on or close to the farm for at least a number of years.
- Taking ownership and fulfilling an exemplary function is very normal for you.
- Having a practical and hands-on attitude.
- You think positive and see challenges instead of problems.
- Enterprising, decisive and takes initiatives.
- Flexible and result-oriented.
- Has a pioneering mentality and able to work independently.
- Stand firmly in your shoes and a no-nonsense mentality.
- Can give and receive constructive feedback.
Stanthorpe, Queensland, Australia
Sunflora Group offers a dynamic position within a pleasant working environment with a challenging perspective. Good employment conditions are available for the ideal candidate, including an expat package (housing, family travel, car).
Sunflora Group has exclusively outsourced the Search and Selection for the vacancy of Farm Manager Australia to CeresRecruitment.
For more information, please contact Danny Fiere. His telephone number is +31 (0)6-49 87 97 87. Applications only via www.ceresrecruitment.nl.
A personality questionnaire is part of the procedure.