- Head of Sales
- Sales/Business development Manager - Floriculture - Kunming, China
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Job offer - Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USAFred C. Gloeckner & Co. Inc
Clackamas, Oregon West Coast Facility
Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position: Clackamas Oregon Flower Bulb Facility
The Fred C. Gloeckner & Company Inc, currently has a position open in its Clackamas, Oregon flower bulb storage and fulfillment facilities located just outside of Portland, Oregon. We are seeking an individual with a proven Sales record and a background in this horticultural segment of the market specific to Bulbs and Perennials.
Fred C. Gloeckner & Company supplies commercial greenhouses and nurseries worldwide with bulbs, seeds, plants, greenhouse supplies and equipment from many recognized vendor partners, with a strong emphasis on imported product from the Netherlands. Our company has its world headquarters in Harrison, NY and operates an East Coast facility, The Ednie Flower Bulb division, in Fredon, NJ.
This Sales and Management position would include but not be limited to the following tasks: Overall general management of the Oregon facility i.e. office, warehouse and inventory; coordinated purchasing of flower bulbs including vendor interaction; oversight of the delivery of all crops to Clackamas to facilitate order fulfillment (logistics); assisting sales representatives and customers with bulb program/order setup and maintenance as well as key account sales with follow up as presently administered.
The following attributes are most important for this position:
- A proven ability to excel in a sales position
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to coordinate several priorities simultaneously
- Ability to multi task and work with frequent interruptions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be flexible and able to take initiative
- Strong work ethic, demonstrated by accountability and adaptability
- Reliable member of the team
Education, Training and Experience:
- The ideal candidate would have a degree in horticulture or related science, preferably with 3-5 years of commercial field experience.
- Applicants must have excellent Computer Skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Applications (i.e. Word/Excel/PP, etc). Although not required, experience with ERP distribution software platforms would be a definite plus.
- Salary commensurate with qualifications
- 401k and health benefits available
- Fred C. Gloeckner & Company is an equal opportunity employer
Please send inquiries and resumes to:
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be notified.