- (Senior) Sourcing Manager Soft Fruit
- IPM Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Labor Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Human Resources Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Assistant Grower - Morehead (KY) USA
- Head Grower - Morehead (KY) USA
- General Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Greenhouse Installation Specialist - Hallam, Victoria, Australia
- Maintenance Manager - Cathedral City, California USA
- Junior Teelt manager (Grower) - Netherlands/Germany
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Job offer - Head Grower/Agronomist - Cambridge, New Zealand
- Full - Time
- Superb working conditions
- Top Waikato location
Our Client, Southern Fresh Foods, is one of New Zealand’s top professional growers and processors of speciality vegetables including gourmet baby leaf salads, baby vegetables and fresh herbs. With over 30 years in the industry, they take pride in being a family owned business whose vision is to be New Zealand’s leading provider of specialty produce through constant improvement of their operations.
Due to continued growth they are now looking to fill a new position of Head Grower/Agronomist based at their Cambridge farms. This role will report into the Cropping Manager and will oversee and manage staff, production planning, bed preparation and planting, crop monitoring and husbandry, nutrition, irrigation and harvesting.
A strong interest in plant management and care is critical, with the ability to apply these skills and knowledge practically in the field.
Proficiency in team management and development will be a key component of this role to achieve clearly outlined performance objectives. Strong analytical skills will also be an advantage in being able to measure, collect and analysis crop and people performance and provide this in a regular report to management. The development of this role will include taking on more responsibility as teams are added to this portfolio and overseeing trial work with growing systems and plant material.
Other essential attributes of the successful candidate will include:
- Ability to handle a range of tasks while under pressure
- Proven attention to detail
- Established track record of completing work on time
- Consistency of performance to a high level
- A practical, solution focused approach when working with others
- Excellent communication skills – spoken, written and interpersonal
- Willingness to ‘go the extra mile’ to get a task completed before the end of the day when necessary
Along with the above a proactive approach to professional development of self and other team members to ensure that teams work efficiently and smoothly as possible.
The ideal candidate will have a strong link to the Horticulture industry including applicable qualifications that may extend to a Tertiary qualification, and a current Growsafe/Certified Handler certificates, although these are not a pre-requisite. A full driver’s licence is a must and the correct documentation to work in NZ.
It will also be important that there is understanding and value alignment with the following values:
- Family attitude
- Ownership mindset
- Pursuit of Excellence
Please forward your CV and Cover Letter to Linda-Maree at Jobs@fegan.co.nz or call 07 838 0117 for further information.