- Lighting Applications Specialist - Beamsville (Ontario) Canada
- (Senior) Sourcing Manager Soft Fruit
- IPM Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Labor Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Human Resources Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Assistant Grower - Morehead (KY) USA
- Head Grower - Morehead (KY) USA
- General Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Greenhouse Installation Specialist - Hallam, Victoria, Australia
- Maintenance Manager - Cathedral City, California USA
Top 5 -yesterday
- Ukrainians flock to Kiev to see flowers
- "When I walk into that production facility now operations are much calmer than they used to be"
- "Kenya’s flower growers to share Brexit pain"
- CAST: What you've missed at Greenfuse Botanicals and Suncrest
- Vietnam and the Netherlands committed to bring Vietnamese horticulture to a higher level
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Job offer - General Manager Floriculture - Kenya
General Manager Floriculture production, location Kenya
Company: Leading multinational Floriculture company
Our client is a main international player in the floricultural industry. The company has representative offices and production subsidiaries in many continents. Our client has its head office in The Netherlands.
The emphasis of the position is on all round management and performance of the farm in Kenya with specific focus on continuity and reaching financial, operational, qualitative and hygienic goals. Part of this is the management of the quality, cost and the productivity of the production, finance & economic affairs, leadership and securing sustainable government relations. The ideal candidate has previous experience with Rose production and will be able to create and maintain a pleasant working environment throughout the current management team and the rest of the organization.
Function requirements and responsibilities:
- Horticultural or agricultural education at Bachelor or Master degree level. Alternatively, a degree in Business Management or Business Administration, with deep understanding of horticultural production
- A minimum of 8 years proven work experience in horticulture or related field
- A minimum of 3-5 years in horticultural production in Africa
- Experience with professional dealings with banks and government authorities, aimed at sustainable relationships.
- Experienced user of MS office applications like Word, Excel and Outlook
- Proficient control of the English language skills in word and writing.
Required to function well within the company and the position:
- A stable, honest and loyal personality
- A team player who motivates and fosters teamwork
- A proactive, empathic attitude and good communication skills
- Delegation -, problem solving- , and decision taking skills
- Stress resistance, tenacity and improvisation skills
- Experienced in managing change
- Good understanding of financial management
- A friendly, patient person with social skills in a multicultural context
- Interested in and respect for the local culture
- Willing to live in Kenya for a number of years.
The right candidate waits a professional challenge with the global expansion of the company and the drive for further improvement of working methods and results of this production establishment. It concerns a very interesting position for broadly interested general managers in the production side of horticulture, with a sense of leadership in a multicultural setting. All this in an ambitious and enthusiastic company, in a stable, pleasant country with a friendly population. The housing accommodation at the farm and the further primary and secondary labor conditions are excellent.
On behalf of our client the recruitment and selection of candidates is placed with Lutgo HR in Aalsmeer, The Netherlands.
Please respond with your let or motivation, CV/Resume and references to email@example.com , quoting vacancy reference 190052. For more information, please contact Jan Meijer at +31 (0) 297 255570 or through the email address given above.