- Lead Engineer (Horticultural Systems)
- Head Grower - Kenya
- Environmental Officer - Home based
- Commercial Manager - Fresh Produce, Kenya
- Assistant Growers - Australia
- Grower Managers and Senior Growers - Australia
- Sales Manager Europe - Mont-Ras (Girona), ES
- Global Sales Manager - Negotiable location
- Sales Manager - AIS Greenworks, Australia
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Australia: Opportunity to comment on national tree standard revision (1)
- Schroll is developing the hydrangea production in Portugal (3)
- US: AFE educational grant applications due June 1 (2)
- "Plenty of opportunities to expand markets outside Russia's major cities" (1)
- Coloured by Gerbera presents new assortment (1)
- "Customers are looking for different shades of red roses" (1)
- US: Is the era of thermal transfer printers over? (2)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (46)
- Southern hemisphere's largest solar water heating facility at LVG Plants (1)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (1)
Grower Managers and Senior Growers - Australia
Costa is Australia’s leading grower, packer and marketer of premium quality fresh fruit and vegetables. From this market leading position, we work incredibly hard to keep improving the quality of our produce and the service we deliver to our consumers.
With over 60 farms across Australia, our produce categories include:
- Berries (Blueberries, Raspberries, Blackberries, Strawberries)
- Citrus (Oranges, Lemons, Mandarins, Tangelos, Limes, Grapefruit)
Our produce is supplied to all major Australian supermarket chains, as well as independent grocers and a range of food industry stakeholders. We also export to Asia, North America and Europe.
Costa is committed to sustainable agriculture. Not only is it a key strategy for maximising our profitability, it’s also crucial to ensuring that our country’s natural resources are utilised in both an environmentally responsible and efficient manner. By taking this approach, Costa grows products which are healthy, safe and of the highest quality, while at the same time protecting and improving the natural environment.
About the Tomato Category:
Our tomatoes are grown 365 days per year in one of Australia’s largest and most advanced glasshouse facilities, located at Guyra, in the beautiful New England Tablelands region of NSW.
To accommodate our continued business growth, a 12 month $67 million expansion project is underway, increasing our production area by 33% and creating an additional 150 jobs onsite. This expansion project will bring our onsite operation to 40ha of glasshouse, 2.5ha propagation nursery, 2 large packing facilities and over 800 staff.
Our state-of-the-art glasshouse technology puts Costa Tomatoes at the forefront of innovation in ecologically sustainable practices and sets us apart in the fruit and vegetable industry.
We grow 9 varieties of tomatoes including large truss, cocktail truss and small snacking.
Our talented Growing team is critical to the success of our business, and works together with our internal and external technical specialists to ensure the success of our crops. As a result of our upcoming expansion, we are seeking more dedicated, passionate and experienced Growers and Assistant Growers to join us!
Grower Managers (5ha or 10ha) and Senior Growers (10ha or 20ha)
These senior leadership roles are responsible for either a 5ha, 10ha, 20ha glasshouse area, growing a range of tomato varieties.
Key responsibilities include:
- Heating resource management including daily and weekly plans/actions (coal, gas);
- Climate control system settings and monitoring (Priva - heating, venting, watering);
- Crop nutrition including weekly and longer term nutrition strategies for all stages of the crop cycle;
- Pest and disease management including recommending and implementing weekly and longer term control strategies, incorporating IPM;
- Water resource management including daily and weekly plans/actions, operational troubleshooting of water systems and equipment;
- Labour management and performance monitoring in conjunction with Assistant Growers and Supervisors.
- Leading / participating in projects to improve quality, safety, performance and yield;
- Ensuring adherence to safety, quality and hygiene KPI’s, policies and procedures.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a glasshouse environment, as a Grower or Assistant Grower;
- A comprehensive knowledge of tomato crop nutrition, pest and disease management and growing strategies;
- Ability to undertake operational troubleshooting of common water system, heating system and equipment issues within a glasshouse;
- Experience in the use of the Priva system (or similar);
- Excellent problem solving skills and demonstrated resilience, positivity and perseverance;
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities under pressure;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with experience effectively leading large teams;
- Be outcome focused with a track record of achieving yield, quality and safety targets;
- Ability to work independently and also effectively as part of a team;
- Strong IT skills;
- Commitment to WHS, quality, hygiene and food safety;
- Tertiary qualification in Horticulture, Agronomy, Plant Science, Agrifood Systems or Rural Science will be highly regarded.
For further information or a confidential discussion regarding these opportunities, please contact
Peter Davis (Operations Manager) 0401 326 693 firstname.lastname@example.org or
Tabitha Collins (HR Manager) 0438 989 508 email@example.com
For a copy of the PD or to apply please visit to our careers site https://costagroup.currentjobs.co