- Lead Engineer (Horticultural Systems)
- Head Grower - Kenya
- Environmental Officer - Home based
- Commercial Manager - Fresh Produce, Kenya
- Assistant Growers - Australia
- Grower Managers and Senior Growers - Australia
- Sales Manager Europe - Mont-Ras (Girona), ES
- Global Sales Manager - Negotiable location
- Sales Manager - AIS Greenworks, Australia
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Australia: Opportunity to comment on national tree standard revision (1)
- Schroll is developing the hydrangea production in Portugal (3)
- US: AFE educational grant applications due June 1 (2)
- "Plenty of opportunities to expand markets outside Russia's major cities" (1)
- Coloured by Gerbera presents new assortment (1)
- "Customers are looking for different shades of red roses" (1)
- US: Is the era of thermal transfer printers over? (2)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (46)
- Southern hemisphere's largest solar water heating facility at LVG Plants (1)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (1)
Commercial Manager - Fresh Produce, Kenya
Commercial Manager | Fresh Produce
Job ref number: MA11520
We have a very intriguing and exciting opportunity for someone who is looking for something of an adventurous next move. Our client is a leading grower and supplier of fresh produce and flowers, who are looking for a Commercial Manager to join their team. Their ideal candidate, will be someone who has a good knowledge of the UK and/or European retailers, who is looking for a role with a bit of a difference. The company will provide an apartment in an upscale part of Nairobi as part of the role, which would be one less thing for you to worry about!
You will be managing the company's commercial interests, and liaising with a range of customers and retailers from across Europe (incl UK).
Business development will be a key part of the role and you will ensure that business keeps moving forward.
You will be required to visit the company's farms on a regular basis to ensure you are close to the product and aware of any and all upcoming challenges.
You will also be managing a team of people, ensuring their day-to-day objectives are communicated clearly.
This isn't your usual move, so this isn't calling for your usual candidate! You will need to be prepared and looking for a complete change and to learn a new culture.
Experience within the cut flower and / or fresh produce industry, either within the UK or Europe is essential. If you don't have this, then there is no need to apply.
Strong commercial awareness is clearly key to the success of this position, but they are open minded if this is in the form of procurement or sales expertise. As long as you can turn your hand to a range of requirements.
Good team management experience will be a big benefit.
If this role sounds of interest, then please get in touch with Morten Andresen on 01780 480530 or apply via the link.