- Processing & Quality Management Director - Made, The Netherlands or Sderot/Brurim, Israel
- Aankomend Int. Export Manager jonge groenteplanten
- Director of Hydroponic Production - Madrid, Spain
- Non-Executive Directors
- Horticultural Sales Manager - Fruit Industry, Europe
- Sales Representative - New South Wales (Australia)
- Business Development Coordinator - New Zealand
- Greenhouse Production Manager - Heho (Shan State) Myanmar
- Account Manager Benelux
- Cut Flower Sales Manager
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Head Grower - Kenya
Company: Global flower/plant breeding & propagation company, based in Europe.
Our client is an international front runner in the breeding and propagation of flowers and plants, with representative offices and production farms in many continents. The company has its Head office in northern Europe and employs over 6500 employees worldwide. On behalf of this client we are in search of a Head Grower flowers & plants for the production activities at their farm in Kenya.
The company has strong worldwide ambitions and shows a healthy growth in volume and results. This dynamic setting brings about fast-changing and daily challenges also for the Head Grower position in Kenya. You will be expected to develop and bring the growing teams to higher levels by using their untapped potential and bringing them into the top league of growing teams within the company. You will directly report to the Managing Director and give guidance to a team of 5 professionals. Ownership, innovation and pro-activeness are the values you live and work by.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Secure that the annually agreed objectives on quantity, quality, performance and delivery are met
- Improve production quantity by 2% on what has been committed before start of season
- Manage your overall and departmental cost budget
- Manage a strict adherence to ruling internal policies
- Research methods to reduce inputs, e.g. chemicals and fertilizers, without affecting quantity and quality objectives
- Manage & control the growing protocols and their application in the production processes.
- Ensure that irrigators are deployed effectively in terms of value adding activities and meeting the targets set
You meet the following qualifications
- A relevant qualification at min. an Associate level, or higher equivalent diploma. (e.g. Horti-, Flori- or Agriculture,Plant Sciences, Plant Physiology, Green-/Glasshouse crop management, Crop protection etc.)
- 3-5 years experience in a similar role at a western oriented flower/plant production farm, with positive references
- Excellent leadership- and management skills
- A proven people manager and motivator, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills also in a multicultural setting
- An analytical and creative mindset and the ability to implement change and solve problems
- A team player facilitating cross-functional collaboration
- A drive for improvement and getting motivated by rapidly changing organizations
- Proficient computer skills in MS Office applications, particularly with Excel
- Good command of the English language, both verbal and written
- Willing to work and live in Kenya for a minimum number of three years.
- Previous experience with living in an outstation is welcomed
- Respect for the local culture
Our client has great global ambitions. Innovation, technology and quality are high priorities. This results in a challenging working environment with plenty of room for personal growth and development. The company has an informal and easily accessible working environment in which mutual cooperation is very important.
The position offers a competitive net salary of € 4000-5000 euros p/m, depending on background and experience. Other benefits include housing, health care insurance, home leave tickets and car.
On behalf of our client the recruitment and selection of candidates is amongst other placed with Lutgo HR in Aalsmeer, The Netherlands. Please respond with your letter of motivation, CV/Resume and relevant references, to email@example.com, quoting vacancy reference O190102. For more information, please contact Jan Meijer at +31 (0) 297 255570 or through the email address given above.