- Rose Grower
- Farm Manager Tomato Greenhouse Nursery, Tunisia
- General Manager - Farming / QLD, Australia
- Sales Manager
- Gartenbaumeister (Deutschland) - Niederrhein
- Group Chief Operating Officer
- Allround Medewerker Bedrijfsbureau - Est, Nederland
- General Manager Fresh Produce Manufacturing - Tasmania (Australia)
- Head Grower - Mason City (Iowa) USA
- Integrated Crop Management (ICM) Technician - Olds (Alberta) Canada
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
National Production & Technical Manager - Melbourne, Australia
National Production & Technical Manager
Driscoll’s Australia Pty Ltd
- Competitive salary package on offer + full visa sponsorship & relocation support (if required)
- Access to global technical support & ongoing training
- Be part of a Global brand with strong growth both locally and internationally
- Based in Melbourne, Australia
Driscoll’s Australia is an exciting joint venture company owned by Driscoll’s (USA) - the world’s market leader in berries and Costa - Australia’s leading integrated growing and marketer of premium quality fresh produce. Partnering with a broad grower base across a national footprint, Driscoll’s Australia supplies year round delicious, branded berries to consumers using exclusively patented varieties developed by our joint venture partners breeding programs. Since our inception we have successfully achieved significant yearly growth and market share, enabling us to become the market leader in our category.
As Driscoll’s Australia continues to expand and increase its market share, it has never been a more exciting time to join our operations. In this newly created role, the National Technical & Production Manager reporting directly to the GM and sitting on the Senior Management Executive Team, will be responsible for executing targeted production and technical strategic plans including Clean Stock, R&D, Nursery, Quality Assurance (Nursery & Compliance), Agronomy, Pathology & Entomology programs.
You will be working closely with key internal stakeholders including Growers, Operations, Planning & Nursery teams to develop strategic technical and production plans that improve plant and fruit outputs including quality, yield and timing plans.
You will have responsibility of providing technical guidance and direction to internal technical teams as well as managing the selection and introduction of new plant genetic varieties into the business.
Some of your key duties include:
- Fruit & Plant Production Planning & Strategy: Develop strategic production timing plans that deliver on improved Fruit & Plant production yields including quality.
- Genetic Management: Develop new varietal roll-out implementation plans ensuring successful integration across all channels including Tissue Culture, Nursery and Growers. Oversee company’s Clean Stock, Plant Pathology and Entomology systems in liaison with global technical teams.
- Agronomy Services: Lead agronomic services management to our Growers and provide guidance and direction to agronomy teams.
- Research & Development: Oversee the R&D strategic planning for the business as well as contributing to the planning and execution of Test Plots in Australia and New Zealand.
- Leadership & Technical Guidance: Provide sound leadership, guidance and direction to internal technical teams across Grower Operations, Nursery and Tissue Culture Operations and ensure best –practice fruit and plant production processes are developed implemented and monitored regularly.
A detailed Position Description can be obtained by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
This is a senior level role and will suit those candidates who meet the following criteria as a minimum:
- Tertiary qualifications in Agronomy, Horticulture or Plant Sciences
- Experience in managing large scale fruit production both locally and internationally.
- Some experience or exposure to plant propagation & production.
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration and influencing skills.
- Previous experience in a senior leadership role and managing technical teams.
- Ability to travel interstate or internationally without restrictions
In return you will be joining a highly successful and rapidly growing business in a rewarding role where you have the opportunity to influence key stakeholders across all areas of the business and make a real impact. At your resource, will have access to both strong operational and technical teams (both locally and globally) to provide you with support to achieve your key deliverables as well as working in a fast-paced environment where you can exercise autonomous decision-making.
To apply please submit your application to email@example.com or for a confidential discussion please contact (03) 8363 9032.
LEARN MORE ABOUT US