- Managing Director - Holland
- Farm Manager - Abu Dhabi
- Farm Manager greenhouse vegetable production – Vietnam
- COO Flower & Plant greenhouse production farm, Vietnam
- Sales Representative - Leamington (Ontario) Canada
- Assistant Production & Plant Health Manager
- Commercial Manager | Huelva, Spain | Soft Fruits
- Head of International Farming
- Sr. Productinnovatie (R&D) Engineer
- Aftersales Coördinator
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Labor Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
Position: Labor Manager
Location: Morehead, KY
We are building large-scale high-tech greenhouses in Appalachia with a goal to make the region the AgTech capital of America. Our cutting-edge sustainable technology includes a hybrid lighting system with $15 million in Philips GreenPower LEDs, as well as a water system using only rainwater that is collected in a 10-acre on-site retention pond.
By doing it all from Appalachia, we are helping to build a resilient economy in an area ravaged by the collapse of the coal industry. By farming here, we're creating hundreds of jobs for the hard-working men and women in a region that long powered America.
Our mission has garnered attention the world over with coverage from the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, 60 Minutes, Forbes and CNBC. Within just 15 months, we raised more than $100 million for our first greenhouse, which will span 60 acres and open in 2020 in Morehead, Ky. Investors include Rise of the Rest, which is managed by AOL Co-Founder Steve Case and best-selling author J.D. Vance; ValueAct Capital's ValueAct Spring Fund, led by activist investor Jeff Ubben; and Equilibrium, which created the first fund for controlled-environment agriculture.
About the Role:
As the Labor Manager, you will work with greenhouse personnel to ensure that greenhouse work is completed in a timely and productive manner.
What You’ll Do:
- Ensure greenhouse work is completed in a timely and productive manner, including twisting, pruning, harvesting, de-leafing, etc.
- Assist the human resources department with recruiting.
- Perform corrective actions with the assistance of the human resources team, if required, to achieve work targets and adherence to all company standards and practices.
- Ensure that all workers adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), standard operating procedures (SOPs), and policies and procedures.
- Maximize equipment uptime by flagging equipment for repairs and evaluate new equipment and techniques to maximize efficiency.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment in adherence with company standards.
- Educate and direct employees on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources.
- Coordinate training with new hires to ensure job shadowing program and process understanding is maintained.
- Ensure employee compliance with safety protocols.
- Spend one-on-one time with employees to ensure the company’s people-oriented culture standards and morale are being met.
- Schedule employees and equipment, including coordinating vacation/leave requests.
- Assist with the supervision of annual tasks, including clean-out and new crop planting when required.
- Establish work schedules and procedures.
- Prepare and submit department reporting.
- Complete employee reviews.
- Maintain knowledge of food safety guidelines, assist Food Safety Manager with enforcement of guidelines, and complete required food safety paperwork, as necessary.
- Other core expectations as defined by the company.
- Bachelor’s degree and three or more years of supervisory/management experience in a related field or high school diploma/G.E.D. and five or more years of supervisory/management experience.
- Experience in a facility adhering to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) is a plus.
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency.
Our Core Values:
- Grit and Tenacity. You embrace challenges with courage and resolve. Your strength of character and work ethic define you.
- Passion and Dedication to Sustainability. You constantly strive for excellence as you drive positive environmental change in the agriculture industry and seek to improve lives in the community.
- Proactive and Entrepreneurial. You embody a “we can figure it out” mentality and challenge any notion that “this can’t be done.” You’re not afraid to tackle big problems through rapid experimentation to create long-term impact.
- Radical Transparency and Trust. You operate openly and honestly, taking full responsibility for your actions.
- Collaborative and Inspiring Leadership. You seek opportunities to strengthen team culture and work more effectively. You constantly challenge and inspire your fellow team members.
- Hours are determined by the needs of a controlled-environment agriculture system.
- Conditions typically found in a greenhouse with high humidity and varying temperatures (50 degrees Fahrenheit to 99 degrees Fahrenheit) and background noise approaching 70 decibels.
- Must have manual dexterity to perform computer skills and operate equipment.
- Visual and audio sensory are needed regularly.
- Exerting force of up to 50 lbs. occasionally, 20 lbs. frequently, and 10 lbs. constantly as part of lifting and moving product and equipment.
- Bending, stretching, twisting, crouching, grasping, reaching, and lifting above shoulders.
- Standing, sitting, and walking for prolonged periods of time may be required.
Occasional local day travel may be necessary.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- People-oriented culture
AppHarvest Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.