- Managing Director - Holland
- Farm Manager - Abu Dhabi
- Farm Manager greenhouse vegetable production – Vietnam
- COO Flower & Plant greenhouse production farm, Vietnam
- Sales Representative - Leamington (Ontario) Canada
- Assistant Production & Plant Health Manager
- Commercial Manager | Huelva, Spain | Soft Fruits
- Head of International Farming
- Sr. Productinnovatie (R&D) Engineer
- Aftersales Coördinator
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Maintenance Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
Position: Maintenance Manager
Location: Morehead, KY
We are building large-scale high-tech greenhouses in Appalachia with a goal to make the region the AgTech capital of America. Our cutting-edge sustainable technology includes a hybrid lighting system with $15 million in Philips GreenPower LEDs, as well as a water system using only rainwater that is collected in a 10-acre on-site retention pond.
By doing it all from Appalachia, we are helping to build a resilient economy in an area ravaged by the collapse of the coal industry. By farming here, we're creating hundreds of jobs for the hard-working men and women in a region that long powered America.
Our mission has garnered attention the world over with coverage from the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, 60 Minutes, Forbes and CNBC. Within just 15 months, we raised more than $100 million for our first greenhouse, which will span 60 acres and open in 2020 in Morehead, Ky. Investors include Rise of the Rest, which is managed by AOL Co-Founder Steve Case and best-selling author J.D. Vance; ValueAct Capital's ValueAct Spring Fund, led by activist investor Jeff Ubben; and Equilibrium, which created the first fund for controlled-environment agriculture.
About the Role:
As the Maintenance Manager, you will be responsible for conducting and managing the daily preparation, maintenance and repair of all aspects of the facility, including managing water, climate, multi source-lighting, sowing, robotics-based planting, replanting, harvesting, and packaging and palletizing equipment.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage and participate in equipment development, maintenance, and repairs.
- Lead a maintenance team to schedule, operate, maintain and repair heavy and light horticultural equipment and machinery, such as supplementary lighting, trolleys, bio chopper, vacuums, foggers, and spraying equipment.
- Develop documentation system for all equipment.
- Develop methods for reducing costs while optimizing production throughout the facility.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Adhere to industry standards and waste disposal procedures set forth by regulatory agencies.
- Review data and adjust equipment and parameters as required to maintain desired conditions.
- Conduct preventive maintenance (PM) and end-of-life replacement plan for building equipment.
- Schedule equipment and service contractors for outsourced equipment maintenance and record-keeping of services performed, supporting invoicing verification and processing.
- Create and execute lighting maintenance and replacement plan.
- Basic plumbing and pump maintenance.
- Support project work as required.
- Ensure following of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and company policies.
- Other core expectations as defined by the company.
- Minimum of five years of robotics operation and maintenance.
- Minimum of five years of HVAC/mechanical work experience.
- Minimum of five years of greenhouse maintenance experience.
- Past use of injectors, electrical conductivity and pH meters, boom and irrigation systems.
- Thorough knowledge of water lines and ability to monitor conditions such as ventilation, light conditions, temperature and humidity.
- In-depth knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), health and safety, food safety, Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP), and the PrimusGFS program.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills to train team members and interact with all levels of the organization, as well as with customers and vendors.
- Positive troubleshooting and project planning skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Familiarity with Priva software is preferred.
Our Core Values:
- Grit and Tenacity. You embrace challenges with courage and resolve. Your strength of character and work ethic define you.
- Passion and Dedication to Sustainability. You constantly strive for excellence as you drive positive environmental change in the agriculture industry and seek to improve lives in the community.
- Proactive and Entrepreneurial. You embody a “we can figure it out” mentality and challenge any notion that “this can’t be done.” You’re not afraid to tackle big problems through rapid experimentation to create long-term impact.
- Radical Transparency and Trust. You operate openly and honestly, taking full responsibility for your actions.
- Collaborative and Inspiring Leadership. You seek opportunities to strengthen team culture and work more effectively. You constantly challenge and inspire your fellow team members.
- Hours are determined by the needs of a controlled-environment agriculture system.
- Conditions typically found in a greenhouse with high humidity and varying temperatures (50 degrees Fahrenheit to 99 degrees Fahrenheit) and background noise approaching 70 decibels.
- Must have manual dexterity to perform computer skills and operate equipment.
- Visual and audio sensory are needed regularly.
- Exerting force of up to 50 lbs. occasionally, 20 lbs. frequently, and 10 lbs. constantly as part of lifting and moving product and equipment.
- Bending, stretching, twisting, crouching, grasping, reaching, and lifting above shoulders.
- Standing, sitting, and walking for prolonged periods of time may be required.
Occasional local day travel may be necessary.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- People-oriented culture
AppHarvest Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.