- Commercial Manager - Amsterdam / Europe
- Regional Sales Representative/Manager - Southwest Region (USA)
- IPM Manager
- Fruit Export Junior Sales Manager (Europe Division)
- Agricultural Tech EU Sales Representative - London, UK
- Sales Administrator - Bleiswijk, The Netherlands
- Group Marketing Manager - Australia
- Manager Sales & Purchase - Breda, The Netherlands
- Research & Service Engineer Horticulture - Europe
- Technical Sales Manager - Europe
Top 5 -yesterday
- "We don't manage. We teach people and give them our knowledge"
- Royal FloraHolland: These are the five best introductions of last year
- Influence of substrate on shelf life of Phalaenopsis
- How the world’s biggest flower companies prepare for Valentine’s Day
- "Customers are looking for something new with a storytelling"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Assistant Production & Plant Health Manager
Assistant Production & Plant Health Manager
TreeSource Citrus is one of the primary citrus tree suppliers to California. The nursery supplies trees to citrus growers and citrus liners to other ornamental nurseries that want to grow citrus trees.
We are currently looking for assistant production and plant health manager to join our team. The ideal candidate will work closely with the production team in assisting in the production of citrus liners, monitor overall plant health and schedule weekly propagation activities.
Applicants must have ability to work in the USA.
SUMMARY: Oversees and directs Plant Health program for all products. Assists Production manager as directed.
- Point person for TreeSource Safety Program.
- Oversees Automation Systems and analyzes their labor efficiency and recommends procedural changes necessary to optimize performance.
- Prepares a weekly CL propagation schedule and submits to Production Manager for review one week in advance of its start date. Plan should include product line (CL and LP), total of units and verification of budwood availability.
- Responsible for reporting to PM all issues related to budwood sourcing and existing supply. Issues include, but not limited to, shortage, excess and unsatisfactory quality.
- Insures an organized tag inventory in maintained and orders more supply as needed before inventory is depleted.
- Oversights CL propagations that are not developing at an acceptable rate and leads a problem solving team to determine the cause. Is responsible to report findings and possible solutions to PM.
- Updates PM of weekly activities as requested. Weekly activities include orders propagated and scheduled to be propagated, re-propagations, movement of plants to the hardening off area, CLs shipped and CLs to be shipped.
- Insures coordination between LP Production and CL Production
- Oversees maintenance of records of all units released for the Shipping department and LP Production department.
- Assists in preparing the annual budget and managing the operation within budget for labor and production materials for CL Complex and biological program.
- Visits greenhouses/screenhouses regularly to look for pests, manage nutritional program, and oversee biocontrol systems.
- Insures logs and files are maintained of all pesticide applications, fertilizer applications, nutritional sampling, EC pour throughs, PCA recommendations, pesticide purchases, etc.
- Procures all pesticides, fertilizers, and plant health materials and insures they are available for immediate use by either advance buying or insuring vendors maintain in stock. Uses prudent buying methods to evaluate costs.
- Responsible for obtaining PCA recommendations from contracted PCA and making sure that they are issued when needed and supports spray personnel as required.
- Insures all Spray personnel are properly certified and maintains records accordingly.
- Insures spray applications are coordinated with Production personnel and are accurately calibrated.
- Trains TRSC Production staff for in-house diagnostic capability such as, pH testing, EC testing, pathogen testing, nematode sampling, etc.
- Maintain knowledge of applicable laws, rules and regulations governing pesticide applications.
- Tests growing media to evaluate pH and soluble salts, including collecting, preparing, and processing of growing media and plant tissue samples.
- Assures personal protective equipment is available for Production personnel and they are properly maintained
- Oversees weekly pest scouting for all facilities. Develops appropriate pest control plans as required to prevent the spread of insects, diseases and weeds. Utilizes techniques of proper housekeeping, climate alteration, and chemical applications to reduce or eliminate pests as needed.
- Ensures greenhouse user safety by following all necessary precautions regarding hazard communication including posting signage, giving advance notice of chemical applications, and maintaining applications records in a publicly accessible area.
- Ensures a safe work environment for all personnel assigned to chemical use, and strict adherence to all federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Completes all required paperwork to include work orders and monthly reports.
- Directs Budwood Program.
- Performs other related work as required.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Insures that data is in an organized and accurate fashion.
- May conduct safety trainings to the whole crew throughout the year.
- Responsible to direct and supervise employees.
- Responsible to discipline in accordance with company’s rules and policies
- Ensures time cards of subordinates are filled out accurately and daily.
- Assists with HR paperwork such as Payroll Change notices and Leave requests.
- Required to fill out PO’s in accordance with Company Policy
- Actively participates in Year End inventories of materials and other nursery items
- May be assigned other tasks as workload dictates
- Supervisory skills
- Knowledge of inventory techniques.
- Holds a current Private Applicator’s Certificate
- Basic organization skills
- Ability to communicate with, coordinate & give instruction.
- Ability to do computer work on MSWord, BisSpeed Inventory, and MS Outlook.
- Ability to understand and follow chronological plans
- “Bug checking” skills with basic knowledge of citrus pests.
- Knowledge of irrigation management for citrus nurseries.
- Experience with ag chemical procurement.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Language Skills: Ability to read, write, and speak English and ability to communicate basic nursery tasks in Spanish is preferred.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Other Qualifications: Must be a team leader with the ability to work well and communicate effectively with fellow employees and management. Have leadership qualities and be acquainted with employee supervision techniques.
Organizational skills: Ability to prioritize in order to efficiently perform all duties
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk or stand for long periods of time. Must be able to work outside under varied weather conditions, on uneven surfaces, and on hillsides. The employee must be able to work in greenhouse environment at high temperatures as well as high humidity. May be required to lift items of up to 50 pounds.
We offer competitive pay base on the persons experience.
To apply please send resume to: Brenda Lopez @ firstname.lastname@example.org