- Commercial Manager - Amsterdam / Europe
- Regional Sales Representative/Manager - Southwest Region (USA)
- IPM Manager
- Fruit Export Junior Sales Manager (Europe Division)
- Agricultural Tech EU Sales Representative - London, UK
- Sales Administrator - Bleiswijk, The Netherlands
- Group Marketing Manager - Australia
- Manager Sales & Purchase - Breda, The Netherlands
- Research & Service Engineer Horticulture - Europe
- Technical Sales Manager - Europe
Top 5 -yesterday
- "We don't manage. We teach people and give them our knowledge"
- Royal FloraHolland: These are the five best introductions of last year
- Influence of substrate on shelf life of Phalaenopsis
- How the world’s biggest flower companies prepare for Valentine’s Day
- "Customers are looking for something new with a storytelling"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
COO Flower & Plant greenhouse production farm, Vietnam
Company: Flower & Plant greenhouse production farm - Vietnam
Our client is a major producer and distributor of cut flowers, cuttings, young plants and pot plants in Asia, with a continuous drive for innovation, quality improvement and sustainability in production. This is seamlessly connected with the application of high-tech solutions and cool chain management in their distribution and logistic processes in international and domestic markets. This way, value is created from young plant to finished product. In Vietnam the company employs a total of approx. 2500 employees. For this client we are searching for a Chief Operational Officer (COO).
You report to the CEO and you will be supported by a strong team of direct reports.
You are responsible for the daily management and further development of the operational processes, supply chain/s, logistics and their results. Likewise you are responsible for the achievement of agreed objectives thru the management of agreed KPI’s regarding: Production, process control & throughput times, cost, productivity, quantitative and qualitative quality criteria, people and co-ordination with parties involved.
Though the professional spectrum as indicated above is operational by nature, the overall context of the company is commercial; hence the COO position requires alignment and conformation with the
commercial drive and objectives of the company.
The ideal candidate
We are looking for an enthusiastic, internationally oriented and experienced “green field” candidate who currently manages comparable responsibilities as COO, Head of Operations, Supply chain manager or likewise, at another large scale commercially oriented horticultural project, or in a general management position with emphasis on operational or logistical processes. The ideal candidate has an optimistic, clear and charismatic style of leadership and personality, who inspires confidence based on relevant executive management and leadership experience in a multi-cultural setting. Upon results and proven abilities, succession of the present CEO within the coming 2-3 years lies within possibilities.
- A professional BsC/MsC working and thinking level
- Proven knowledge ánd at least 4 years of hands-on experience with operational and logistical processes in horticulture
- Overview ability and proven management experience with high specification processes, at a company of this size and type
- Min. 4 years actual experience in leading a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural management team
- A high level of energy, motivation, initiative and enthusiasm for development objectives
- Outstanding communication skills, also in a multi-cultural setting
- Financial “literacy”
- Full command of English in word and writing
- A high level of integrity and respect for the local people and their country.
- Prepared to live in Vietnam for a number of years.
- An excellent internationally competitive expat salary package
- Living at the farm is required. As no schooling options are available at a reasonable distance from the farm, home schooling, or the family residing in Ho Chi Minh and having family-life in the weekends, are the only feasible options for families with school going children.
Lutgo HR in The Netherlands represents this client for the recruitment,
assessment and selection of candidates for this position. Please send your letter of motivation and CV/Resume to Jan Meijer at firstname.lastname@example.org indicating vacancy code O190207.