- Technical Sales Specialist - Canada
- Crop Supervisor - Australia
- Senior Business development- / Sales Manager - The Netherlands
- Global VP of Sales & Marketing
- Product Manager - Europe
- Product Manager, Horticulture - De Lier, the Netherlands
- Chief Executive Officer - Tropical North Queensland (Tully) Australia
- Head Grower in USA
- Commercial Manager | Cut Flowers - Kenya
- Market Access & Quality Systems Manager | Fruit - Bologna, Italy
Top 5 -yesterday
- Hortiflorexpo IPM Beijing postponed due to coronavirus
- Costa Rica's largest ever cocaine haul found in ornamental flower shipment bound for Netherlands
- NL: A look inside the new greenhouse of van Lugt Lisianthus
- Norwegians celebrate Mother’s Day with pot roses from Norway
- Kenya: Cost of roses rises sharply after heavy rains hit flower farms
Top 5 -last week
- "A rose every lady deserves"
- Valentine's Day 2020: Ups and downs in international rose trade
- Netherlands: Higher rose prices as Kenyan supply lags behind
- Dümmen Orange and Perfect Plants sign agreement for collaboration
- The Friday effect and oversupply: the challenges for Colombia’s flower sector in 2020
Top 5 -last month
Head Grower in USA
Enterprising new company in the greenhouse farming industry located in the Midwest, USA. We are constructing our first greenhouse designed to grow the freshest and most innovative leaf lettuces for the regional local markets for both retail and foodservice. This highly automated greenhouse expects to compete with the highest grade of quality, service and innovation for the growing leaf lettuces category.
The farm and position
Company is building its first location in Northern Indiana, with a state-of-the art greenhouse to produce leaf lettuces, we are seeking an expert Head Grower.
As Head Grower you will be the first horticulturist to work in this brand-new facility and lead this new green leaf program! If you are looking for an opportunity to combine your passion for horticulture and your expertise in greenhouse hydroponics with like-minded individuals this is the role for you.
The Head Grower position reports to the CEO who will also be on site. You will have full responsibility for cultivating and harvesting horticultural specialties primarily focused on leaf lettuce. The company takes pride in ensuring a high-quality leaf lettuce product and establishing itself as a premier brand in the marketplace. The Head Grower will provide effective leadership for a greenhouse team of approximately 20+ employees and create an engaging work environment that ensures employees are valued and recognized.
- Close co-operation with leadership to anticipate product needs and to meet goals in terms of quantity and quality.
- Ensure effective climate control including temperature, ventilation, humidity, and irrigation to provide optimum growing conditions to maximize quality and yield.
- Create seasonal staffing plans to ensure adequate staffing to meet productivity requirements.
- Ensure proper training and certification in place for all greenhouse employees.
- Develop and implement an effective preventive maintenance program for greenhouse and equipment. Ensure process for repair and replacement in a timely manner.
- Maintain a clean and well-organized environment to meet requirements for a food production facility.
- Ensure compliance and record keeping with guidelines required to maintain Food Safety Certification.
- Utilize technology to maximize efficiency, process, and reduce labor costs.
- Apply continuous learning (CI) to improve quality and processes.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Plant Sciences, Greenhouse Horticulture, Agronomy or related field, or experience of equal merit.
- A history of progressive work experience in a greenhouse or related industry
- Proven and relevant experience with greenhouse hydroponics
- Knowledge of horticulture, greenhouse environment, and growing operations. Experience in growing leaf lettuces highly desired but not required.
- Knowledge of fertilizers, and watering and planning procedures.
- Business acumen and previous supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated skill and proficiency with Windows-based computer applications and other industry related software, and office and plant equipment.
- Excellent conceptual thinking skills and ability to identify and analyze complex and sensitive issues.
- Uses independent judgment to make decisions, and to recommend and/or implement solutions.
- Ability to listen and communicate clearly, fluently and diplomatically, orally and in writing in the English language.
- Spanish language skills are highly welcomed.
- Ability to maintain excellent interpersonal and cooperative relationships while participating in sectional and cross-functional groups and teams involving management, staff, and clients.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and accurately follow through on work activities with time constraints and interruptions to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrates a high level of integrity and confidentiality.
- Ability to work effectively and respectfully with staff, managers, executives, and others to garner cooperation and maintain service excellence.
- Ability to effectively balance multiple projects and workload, in a continuously changing environment.
- Ability to generate goodwill for the organization and its management among staff, clients, suppliers, referral sources, regulatory bodies, the general community
- Meeting the physical and cognitive demands to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- A competitive salary, including health insurances.
- An attractive Bonus scheme based on individual targets
- An indefinite contract
As the opening of the new location is planned for mid-2020, the preferred starting date of the new candidate is as soon as possible
Please submit CV to email address: firstname.lastname@example.org