- UK Sales Manager - (South of the UK)
- Digital Advisor - Geeste, Germany
- Tax Specialist Hungary
- Head Grower - Providence (Rhode Island) USA
- Nursery Manager - Roydon (Essex) UK
- Labour Manager - Leamington (ON) Canada
- Head Grower/Director of Growing - Crawfordville (FL) USA
- Project Manager Assistant - USA
- Apple Quality Manager - Wolcott (NY) USA
- General Manager - Wolcott (NY) USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Head Grower/Director of Growing - Crawfordville (FL) USA
The Head Grower manages and leads staff of growers, assistant growers, quality control staff, and internal transport staff engaged in the growing, care and maintenance of the company’s horticultural products that are produced for wholesale or retail sales. Directs the application of technical procedures, timing and metering devices that control frequency, amount and type of nutrient applications; regulate humidity, ventilation, temperature and amount of light; and dispense fertilizers, herbicides, pesticides and fungicides. Monitors crop development and the removal of substandard plants to maintain quality standards.
- Discusses plant growing activities with management personnel to plan for growing activities that are consistent with planned production schedules.
- Plans for space allocation based on production reports and sowing schedules.
- Monitors growing conditions and oversees changes in humidity, moisture and temperature and cultivation procedures to ensure conformance with quality control standards.
- Monitors plant development to ascertain conditions such as leaf texture, bloom size and the existence of pests or disease; removing substandard or diseased plants to maintain quality standards.
- Determines rates of fertilizers, herbicides, pesticides and fungicides as required by the crops and applies and/or directs the application of them.
- Develops growing procedures for new species in product line and new cultivation techniques.
- Maintains inventory of needed growing supplies such as fertilizers, pesticides, herbicides and fungicides.
- Maintains records of growing techniques and production; reviews records and reports to identify trends and to forecast future space and production needs.
- Plans for and requests staff on a timely basis to ensure their availability during the high volume growing seasons and schedule overtime as necessary.
- Schedules staff and assigns work; maintains personnel records and provides input into performance evaluations. Trains employees in growing techniques and activities.
- Maintains a current knowledge of growing techniques and technologies.
- Maintains an awareness of new state of the art equipment and provides input into equipment and facilities upgrades and replacement.
- Provides pesticide and safety training to all employees and maintenance of records as required by Federal or State regulations.
- Assists the General Manager with other duties as assigned.
- Other core expectations will be defined by the company.
- Ability to calculate figures amounts, proportions, percentages and volume in relation to the application of fertilizers, chemicals and water. Apply the principles of algebra and geometry for applications of such procedures.
- Ability to use a PC and interpret/produce production reports.
- Must have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals and technical procedures.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedural manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management and from employees.
- Ability to maintain comprehensive records of essential growing procedures, attributes and results.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills to interact with team members, senior support personnel, high level personnel and customers.
- Ability to define and solve problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions necessary to identify a wide variety of conditions such as plant diseases, existence of insects, etc.
- Have the knowledge and ability to identify major plant groups and be aware of their culture and growth traits.
- Adaptability and multi‐tasking; experience working in a fast moving environment.
- Fosters positive working relationships.
- Must be a team player and collaborator with ability to work independently.
- Ability to provide work direction and leadership to staff.
- Provide a team atmosphere to strive for a common goal of high product quality and cooperationand compatibility with peers, supervisors, and management.
- Project a helpful, friendly, and cooperative attitude.
- Other core competencies will be defined by the company.
- 4 year degree in Horticulture or related field and 5 years of related work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Must understand the use of injectors, electrical conductivity and pH meter, boom and irrigations systems.
- Thorough knowledge of water lines and be aware of and monitor conditions such as ventilation, light conditions, temperature and humidity.
- Must have in depth knowledge of the safe handling and application of chemicals such as fertilizers, herbicides, pesticides and fungicides.
- Ability to work in conditions typically found in a greenhouse with high humidity and varying temperatures, with a fair amount of moisture present.
- Ability to exert up to 15-50 pounds occasionally, 20 pounds of force frequently and 10 pounds of force constantly in order to lift and move product.
- Ability to balance, reach and grasp while climbing on a step stool and/or ladder.
- Ability to crouch, grasps, and lift product above shoulders in order to lift product from the floor properly.
- Ability to be on feet while performing job responsibilities.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time depending on your position and/or getting up and down through your work shift.
REQUIRED WORK SCHEDULE
- This position requires a 40‐hour minimum work week.
- Willingness to work weekends.
- Report to General Manager.
- Work closely with peer and other employees and departments in the company.
COMPANY POLICY/PROCEDURES COMPLIANCE
Follow all company policies and procedures as well as local, state and federal laws concerning employment to include, but not limited to: I‐9 information, EEOC, Civil Rights and ADA.
This job description highlights the main components of a Head Grower, but is not inclusive of all activities that may be
To Apply: email@example.com