Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (666)
- Terra Nova Nurseries introduces heat-loving heucherella variety (22)
- Dutch grower supplies plants to world's biggest cruise ship (22)
- For sale: 10 brand new Cummins natural gas generators (13)
- Milestones, lessons from California’s historic drought (22)
- "Plum Power forever" (16)
- Kenya: Rimi Flora to triple in size (1)
- How can we make millennials purchase flowers again? (1)
- Sunflowers stand or fall with the weather (1)
- Take a look inside the greenhouse of a Dutch succulent grower (2)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Frank de Greef, Fleurizon:
'Aloe vera farms keep increasing production'Aloe vera is a plant which has been widely spread all over the world, in cultivation and now also in nature. The plant is known for its qualities for treating sunburn and also at the moment Aloe vera is used in drinks. Fleurizon is selling cuttings all over the world for many years now and owner Frank de Greef sees the market for this product increasing.
Aloe Vera field.
Aloe vera (also known as Aloe barbadensis) is produced in very large farms, explains de Greef. "These farms are typically specialized for leaf production and make gel out of the harvested leaves. That gel is then used for cosmetics or drinks", he says.
How Fleurizon sends the cuttings.
Fleurizon is producing cuttings on specialized farms. "This is a very specialized job and we have the experience, only then you get top quality cuttings. Our farms are increasing production all the time."
Plants with cuttings on the field.
Cuttings are sold in different sizes, but 3”, 4” and 5” is what Fleurizon sells most. They are planted in 9 cm (3”) pots up to 3 liter (1 gallon) pots.
For more information:
Frank de Greef
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.