Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (775)
- India: "High potential for orchid cultivation in Odisha" (2)
- US: Deadline is February 1st for AFE Scholarship applications (1)
- Video: the distribution center of the future (1)
- Hydroponically grown chrysanthemum show good results in summer (1)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (3)
- "Horticulture in Iran can be an alternative to petroleum" (4)
- Development of the export oriented cut flower rose industry in Africa (7)
- Market reports: solid research or wild guesses? (2)
- NL: Vreugdenhil Young Plants launches new concept Pick & Joy (2)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Frank de Greef, Fleurizon:
'Aloe vera farms keep increasing production'Aloe vera is a plant which has been widely spread all over the world, in cultivation and now also in nature. The plant is known for its qualities for treating sunburn and also at the moment Aloe vera is used in drinks. Fleurizon is selling cuttings all over the world for many years now and owner Frank de Greef sees the market for this product increasing.
Aloe Vera field.
Aloe vera (also known as Aloe barbadensis) is produced in very large farms, explains de Greef. "These farms are typically specialized for leaf production and make gel out of the harvested leaves. That gel is then used for cosmetics or drinks", he says.
How Fleurizon sends the cuttings.
Fleurizon is producing cuttings on specialized farms. "This is a very specialized job and we have the experience, only then you get top quality cuttings. Our farms are increasing production all the time."
Plants with cuttings on the field.
Cuttings are sold in different sizes, but 3”, 4” and 5” is what Fleurizon sells most. They are planted in 9 cm (3”) pots up to 3 liter (1 gallon) pots.
For more information:
Frank de Greef
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.