Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Last commentsmore »
- Bidens & Calibrachoa take center stage at Danziger Flower Trials display (7)
- US (OK): Specialty crop grants available (7)
- Anthura reintroduces Cypripedium in Switzerland (7)
- US (CA): Flower farms threatened by fires (7)
- Guatemala: Dümmen Orange worried about missing employees (12)
- Why B.C.’s floriculture industry is blooming in challenging times (12)
- China: Oboya signs broad cooperation agreement (16)
- Sneak peek California Spring Trials (13)
- Australia: Pesticide usage and effective phytotoxicity management (13)
- Little robot looks after plants (12)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- US (SD): Family reflects on 47 years in the greenhouse business
- Denmark: New series of bio roses named with champagne
- Cool night temperatures induce crown buds in garden mums
- Pakistan: Opportunities for floriculture and greenhouse techniques
- Australia: "Imported flowers carry pests that risk agriculture industries"
Exchange ratesmore »
US: Four Star Greenhouse pleased with new floorDan Foster is Site manager / product line manager at Four Star Greenhouse, Carleton USA and has a history with the company for more than 20 years. Four Star Greenhouse produces young plants and finished crops for the North American market. They are one of the founding members of the Proven Winners brand and invest strongly in research and development. The Proven Winners brand was created to help gardeners at every level to succeed in growing healthy, beautiful plants that are tested for resistance to disease and insects, tolerance for heat and humidity, color, blooms, performance and appearance. Quality is the key theme at Four Star Greenhouse.
Cheaper and better
Dan Foster: "We have around 17 acres under cover and are very familiar with flood floors. Six months ago we installed our first Erfgoed floor and it seems to be a very good choice. So far we were growing on concrete floors with the so called cascade system, but concrete is expensive and not flexible at all. Puddles and cracks are a big problem. I visited a number of colleagues in the Niagara region and could see with my own eyes the benefits of an Erfgoed floor. The time necessary to flood the floor is about 11-12 minutes in one cycle and compared to the traditional floors that is just as good. We said to ourselves, 'why invest money in a concrete floor when the Erfgoed floor is cheaper and in a number of areas, like PH values, even better'."
When it comes to logistics the concrete floor seems to have an advantage; you can go where you want to go without any problem, but Dan Foster is positive about the options of a track system on an Erfgoed floor. "We will stick to the track and using that system is no trouble at all. Cleaning the floor is maybe a bit more hard, but Erfgoed offers a good solution with the special cleaning machine. We will buy one soon, because we like to be clean here."
The Erfgoed people
Having the Erfgoed people on site for the installation was a pleasure. Dan Foster: "They were talkative, easy going people with all the necessary skills to do the job and even the people from the stores and restaurants in town were asking where they were when the work was finished. They kept the time schedule, although the weather was not always in our favor. Yes, I would definitely recommend them to my colleagues, no doubt at all, and we here at Four Star will start our next project with Erfgoed in September of this year".
Want to know more? Visit them at Cultivate ’17 on Monday 17 and Tuesday 18 July (booth nr. 2147) or give them a call.
For more information:
2751 GH Moerkapelle
T +31 79 593 38 00
M +31 6 5469 8134
Publication date: 7/14/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.