Job offersmore »
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (957)
- UK: What's in season at the New Covent Garden Flower Market (4)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (27)
- US: AFE educational grant applications due June 1 (4)
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (2)
- Danish greens grower expands with first own bred peperomias (1)
- Export stop Australia as of March 1 2018 (1)
- Colombia, Kenya and China: What's their recipe for success? (1)
- "Proven Winners is just getting started" (1)
- Market reports: solid research or wild guesses? (4)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Colombia: A 39 ft tall peacock for the Medellín Flower FairIn order to create this stunning peacock living structure at the Santafe Mall in Medellín, Colombia, the Tierra Negra Nursery required 100 people. The Association of Colombian Nurseries and Ornamental Growers, Colviveros, pointed out that these people have worked tirelessly since last March in the preparation of the plants, which have to be meticulously groomed to reach their final form.
This giant plant sculpture is 12 meters tall (39 ft) and required 26,000 plants. The Tierra Negra Nursery in Antioquia, one of the Colviveros members was responsible for this ornamental piece requested by the Mall and especially created for the Medellín Flower Fair.
For more information:
Publication date: 8/7/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.