Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (840)
- Veiling Rhein-Maas expands Premium Quality label to lilies (8)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (3)
- Dalat is “Honor City” of HortEx Vietnam 2018 (1)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (7)
- Preview FlowerTrials 2017: Novelties highlighted (1)
- India: The story of KF Bioplants (1)
- "Nursery industry shines at blossoming international floriculture trade" (1)
- "Horticulture in Iran can be an alternative to petroleum" (5)
- Netherlands 50 million stems a year at V.d. Berg Roses (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Oasis introduces 100% biodegradable PlantPaperOasis Grower Solutions recently introduced its new PlantPaper, a 100 percent biodegradable paper wrap for plant propagation media for young plant production.
PlantPaper is an all-natural, bio-based, wrap media that contains no glue and does not leave any chemical residues. PlantPaper can be used with most paper pot machines and works well for slow-to-root cultivars. The expected biodegradation of PlantPaper averages 12 months, but depends on the environment.
Ideal for stabilized media like the Fertiss line and used with ready-to-stick propagation media for young plants, the Oasis Grower Solutions PlantPaper is available in plug diameters ranging from 20 to 80 millimeters.
Due to its proprietary construction, PlantPaper self-glues, alleviating the need for chemical glues. The sealing temperature for the paper is between 239 and 284 degrees Fahrenheit (115 and 140 Celsius), depending on equipment type, production speeds and run sizes.
“PlantPaper is unique in the industry because of its biodegradable qualities,” said Jeff Naymik, global marketing manager, Oasis Grower Solutions. “The Oasis PlantPaper is reinforced with fiber made of fully biodegradable corn, rather than plastic fibers made from oil that will not decompose.”
For more information:
Oasis Grower Solutions
T: (855) 585-4769
Publication date: 9/4/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.