Job offersmore »
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
- Horticultural Consultant - Sydney, Australia
- Technical Assistant - East Malling (Kent), UK
- Greenhouse Controls Technician - Australia
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (828)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (7)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (2)
- Preview FlowerTrials 2017: Novelties highlighted (1)
- India: The story of KF Bioplants (1)
- "Nursery industry shines at blossoming international floriculture trade" (1)
- "Horticulture in Iran can be an alternative to petroleum" (5)
- Netherlands 50 million stems a year at V.d. Berg Roses (1)
- Update from Dümmen Orange infected begonia cuttings (1)
- US: Congressman visits florist (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
CERSAA presented FERTINNOWA at VII Summer School of FloricultureOn September 6th, FERTINNOWA was presented in the frame of the VII Summer School of Floriculture “Gli agrumi tra ornamento e produzione” organised by Cersaa together with other scientific institutions and research centers. The outcome of the questionnaires collected during the survey conducted by FERTINNOWA’s partners was presented and discussed with the participants.
The Summer school, focused on the cultivation and exploitation of citrus fruit, was mainly addressed to technicians working in the fields of crop management and protection, land planning and design, researchers, teachers as well as growers and people working in the sector of fruit processing and transformation. The Summer School was attended by 20 people.
Presentation of the main outcome of Fertinnowa questionnaires gave the possibility to deepen some aspects related to irrigation and to stimulate an interesting discussion with regards to the present situation related to irrigation and fertigation techniques and their use for the cultivation of different crop species. Participants really appreciated the work done in the frame of the project since it was the first time they could see so comprehensive and focused information. Moreover, they noticed the importance of being able to rely on such results in order to provide useful tools for the planning and the management of crops including citrus to all relevant stakeholders.
Publication date: 9/26/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.