Job offersmore »
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
- Technical sales Specialist North Europe - Benelux and Scandinavia
- Grower Manager - Tuakau, New Zealand
- Sales representative - (TN, KY, NC, SC and GA) USA
Last commentsmore »
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (158)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (243)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1237)
- Grower tickled pink with Pink Kisses from Portugal (6)
- "Hydrangea market finally develops in a more quality oriented direction" (3)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (35)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
"automation and quality"
Chinese market more important to Danish breeder Roses Forever“New companies in the Chinese floriculture industry are often quite big and focus on automation to reduce the required labor. Also, the Chinese market asks for high quality roses and a big variety of pot sizes and colours. This combination makes it a great market for us to enter,” says Rosa Eskelund of Roses Forever. The Danish breeder of pot roses sees how the Chinese market is getting more and more important.
Harley Eskelund, Roses Forever, and Peng Yongfu from Ai Bi Da in new build greenhouses in China
Ai Bi Da growing big flowered, Roses Forever 10,5 cm in China
Important markets and new markets
“The Netherlands, England, Japan and Scandinavia are very important markets for Roses Forever. Over the last 25 years, we’ve built up a steady base in these countries. Thanks to the great contacts with growers, we are able to introduce new varieties fitting the demand of the market year after year. But if you’re talking about new markets getting more important for our company, China would be it”, Rosa says. Roses Forever, a family company, is run by her and her husband Harley Eskelund and their son Anders Eskelund. “The next big thing will be Russia, or the South American countries.”
Floriculture in general is on the rise here. In their market approach, Roses Forever responds to this. Contact with their customers is very important to them. “We fully support new players. It’s good to see roses being grown next to their customers”, she explains. “Together with the new growers, we create a realistic plan out of their dreams: what acreage is available and how many plants should be put out there? How many cuttings do they need and when should they be delivered? Which pot sizes suit their market and how should this be scheduled?” Roses Forever publishes digital manuals to the growers working with certified varieties. “We have extensive knowledge of our products, and sharing this knowledge is an important part of the business. Our team visits the growers twice a year if possible, and up to four times if this is necessary for a good start of the production. Especially in new markets, for a breeding company having the right varieties is just as important as being able to provide the right service.”
That's a warm welcome to Harley Eskelund!
Construction of a new greenhouse for the Roses Forever
Ready for the Roses Forever products
Rosa notices how Chinese growers want to automate a lot. “They try to keep the labor costs low by doing so. That’s why the quality of the cuttings and the varieties should be high: a constant product is needed. Since our customers in the Netherlands, England, Japan or Scandinavia have the same wish, our varieties suit this demand.” The broadness of their assortment is also appreciated. “Their clients ask for various pot sizes and colours and special product characteristics like big flowers, spray or perfumed varieties. That’s in our product range.”
In the greenhouses afterwards
The right people
Even with full preparation, the right varieties, knowledge and service level, it’s not easy to develop these new markets. “Eventually, it’s all about getting in touch with the right people”, Rosa says. “The size of a company is no big deal to us, nor is the choice for indoor or outside growing. We offer several lines for the growers: the Infinity, Roses Forever and I am Different mini roses for indoor growing. Some products from the Roses Forever line can be grow outdoor as well, so we can answer most questions. More important for an entrepreneur is the right mindset, the choice they make to start up their crop in a professional way and the eagerness to invest and go for it.”
For more information:
Other news in this sector:
i decide to have 10.000 m^2 greenhouse .
please send me your price
with best regard
AMIR, tehran, iran (email) - 1/24/2018 8:05:13 AM
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.