Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Last commentsmore »
- "Plum Power forever" (18)
- Terra Nova Nurseries introduces heat-loving heucherella variety (26)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (674)
- Milestones, lessons from California’s historic drought (25)
- Dutch grower supplies plants to world's biggest cruise ship (27)
- For sale: 10 brand new Cummins natural gas generators (16)
- Kenya: Rimi Flora to triple in size (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Airlines carrying Kenyan flower exports forced to divertPlayers in the Kenya to Amsterdam flower market have faced stiff challenges following government decisions to rescind fifth freedom rights to some carriers.
Several airlines were warned that their ability to fly directly from Nairobi to the Dutch capital would be restricted after what one source suggested may have been lobbying from local airlines.
Etihad has seen five flights a week, four to Amsterdam and one to Stansted, impacted since June 29, forced to re-route flights via Abu Dhabi, which would have made the route less economically sustainable and the longer journey not good for the perishable products.
However, on Friday, Etihad confirmed to The Loadstar that it had received a permit to start flying again.
“We [have been] working with the Kenyan authorities to resolve some anomalies in the routine application for our traffic rights into Europe, [and protected] our customers by operating through Abu Dhabi during this process,” said a spokesperson.
Read more at The Loadstar (Alex Lennane)
Publication date: 10/10/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.