Job offersmore »
- Manager Trucking Company - Azerbaijan
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
Last commentsmore »
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (4)
- "The future of Women’s Day is purple" (1)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (903)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (14)
- FlowersExpo’2017 and the Russian flower market (1)
- FloraHolland market information: less supply at Christmas (2)
- There's a bromeliad for everyone (3)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Bloomingdale Roses' Bunty Shah shot deadBloomingdale Roses' owner Bunty Shah has been shot dead at his family's home in Nairobi, Kenya. Shah and his Bloomingdale Roses brand was a well-known name in the flower industry, operating a 38 ha nursery with a range of 20 breeds, grown on the slopes of Mount Kenya.
Bunty Shah in January 2017 (source photo: PortalFlora)
Bunty was the son of a well-known businessman, Vipin Shah. Circumstances surrounding his dead are unclear. A Kenyan website quotes the police calling it 'an unfortunate death'. They describe how police entered the compound during an anti-terrorist operation, expecting to find weapons there. The website describes how Bunty fires in the air twice to scare whom he thought were invaders. "It was then that one of the officers fired a single shot and hit Bunty in the chest killing him."
Bloomingdale Roses has a modern nursery of 38 hectares in the Timau region, Kenya. This region is situated at the slopes of Mount Kenya at an altitude of 2.450 metres above sea level. The in total 20 varieties of Bloomingdale Roses are from various breeders around the world.
Publication date: 10/23/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.