Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (953)
- UK: What's in season at the New Covent Garden Flower Market (4)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (27)
- US: AFE educational grant applications due June 1 (4)
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (2)
- Danish greens grower expands with first own bred peperomias (1)
- Export stop Australia as of March 1 2018 (1)
- Colombia, Kenya and China: What's their recipe for success? (1)
- "Proven Winners is just getting started" (1)
- Market reports: solid research or wild guesses? (4)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Ball opens 18-hectare production facility in AustraliaBall Australia has exciting times ahead with the expansion of their existing young plant production and seed distribution business. Ball Australia has been operating in Australia since 2001 and made the move to a larger 18ha site in Skye, Victoria, Australia in 2017.
On Dec. 1st 2017, the purpose designed greenhouse, production facility and offices at the new Skye site, was opened by Anna Ball, CEO of Ball Horticultural Co. Chicago USA.
To mark the occasion, Anna planted a ceremonial Ginko Biloba tree reflecting ‘Longevity’ for several key reasons; as a business commitment to the Australian Horticultural industry and to the staff at Ball Australia who have supported the business over many years.
Other guests in attendance were Jan Patranella; Senior Director at Ball Chicago and Rick Mast; Sales Manager at Ball Floraplant.
The new production nursery boasts 32,000m2 of growing capacity on 18 hectares of land and is a Van der Hoeven structure.
The nursery and offices were built by Builtwise, designed by John Trakios Architects with Powerplants Australia as project managers.
The double skin plastic roofing, hot water heating pipes, smart phone or local control boom watering, 3 germination chambers and 2 megalitres of water storage collected from the roofs, gives Ball Australia the capacity to produce 90 million plus plugs per annum. Plus the Priva climate control system that manages shade, heating, venting and fertigation, puts in place the right tools of the trade for Ball Australia to supply the Australian market quality flower and vegetable young plants.
The visit for Anna Ball and other international industry guests is timely as Ball Australia is hosting its ‘Grower Trials’ which are held each year for wholesale plant growers in the industry.
Ball Australia showcases a vast range of new, experimental and existing lines and this year’s event gives the business a chance to present ‘new beginnings’ with the greenhouse facility and the purpose designed landscape garden area for customers to wander through and review the plants available.
For more information:
+61 3 9798 5355
Publication date: 12/1/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.