Job offersmore »
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
- Technical sales Specialist North Europe - Benelux and Scandinavia
- Grower Manager - Tuakau, New Zealand
- Sales representative - (TN, KY, NC, SC and GA) USA
Last commentsmore »
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (243)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1237)
- Grower tickled pink with Pink Kisses from Portugal (6)
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (156)
- "Hydrangea market finally develops in a more quality oriented direction" (3)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (35)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
New 2.5 ha nursery for Dutch orchid grower Opti-florDutch orchid grower Opti-flor is expanding its nursery with 2.5 ha. On Saturday, February 10, the first pile was (symbolically) driven by the three mothers of the owners of Opti-flor. A new 25,800 m2 new greenhouse will be built by Technokas and will have three roof types. There will be a propagation department of 10,500 m2 with 22 mm double glass on the roof and high haze. Finally, a 3,300 m2 processing and shop area will be built with 16 mm opal Polycarbonate plates.
The facades of the new nursery will be partly equipped with isolated sandwich panels and 16 mm clear Polycarbonate plates. Technokas will be responsible for the entire integration of the installations in the greenhouse construction. Among others, three flat screen installations, but also roll screens from PDI, an installation for Next Generation Growing, and a cooling/heating installation from Certhon. Technokas also provides, for Hawe and WPS, the construction for a buffer and delivery system for the plants that will be grown in the nursery. The integration will be realised through a close cooperation between the well-known Opti-flor construction partners and Opti-flor's project team.
New expedition area
Later in spring, Technokas will expand the new nursery with another 1,000 m2 expedition area. This area will be built with a greenhouse construction on a concrete floor. The roof will be covered with isolated sandwich panels, 16 mm Polycarbonate plates and continuous roof ventilation. The facades will consist of isolated sandwich panels. The expedition area will get an extra loading and unloading pit next to the existing double loading pit.
Next to designing and the construction, Technokas also guides the construction. René Hendriks, grower at Opti-flor, has cooperated with Technokas since 2005. Their last project was completed in 2016; a phalaenopsis nursery of 69,000 m2. "We aim for long-term relationships; not only with our customers, but also with our suppliers", says Hendriks. "Thinking along with the client, that's what they do, and they do it well. They go all in and give a lot of support. They are eager to check and calculate everything in advance, but that's something we want as well. It's all about preparation and if that's done well, the project runs smoothly."
For more information
+31 (0)174 240 545
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.