Job offersmore »
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
Last commentsmore »
- Influencing plant growth with LED light (1)
- Kenya: Mount Elgon Orchards expands with 2ha (1)
- Email Marketing for Professional Greenhouse Growers (1)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1225)
- "Plum Power forever" (19)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (240)
- "During the placement of outdoor screens we've had all types of weather conditions" (1)
- Kenya: Rimi Flora to triple in size (2)
- India: HollandDoor launches new three-year horticultural programme (1)
- Video: Floral Fantasia garden creation time-lapse (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Pakistan: Opportunities for floriculture and greenhouse techniques
- Italian floriculture finds international platform
- Ecuador eager to break Guinness record with huge rose pyramid
- Kenya: Crowdfunded solar panels provide 50% of rose grower’s energy
- North America: Beekenkamp and Syngenta combine poinsettia portfolio
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Ellepot to start new setup in South Africa
Ellepot is proud to present its new setup in South Africa. The local office will bring new products and opportunities to the horticultural market in South Africa.
The demand for sustainable and customized propagation products has risen in the African continent in recent years, as has the focus on “NO plastic in nature” and efficiency. With a range of eco-friendly pots and increased efficiency and flexibility, the Ellepot propagation system offers nursery growers a great solution and opportunity.
Ellepot South Africa is the new global sales and service center of environment-friendly plug systems and consumables supplier, Ellepot.
A pioneer at the helm
Ellepot has formed a strong partnership with Shaun Biggs, and have formed Ellepot South Africa. “Due to the increase in Ellepot customers across the African continent we needed qualified local support. Shaun shares our passion for optimizing our customers’ business. We’re proud to have found such a dedicated partner to guide and service our customers – helping them to grow smarter.” Shaun, a firm believer of sustainable propagation, also operates Sutherland Seedlings - a pioneer in South African horticulture with a wide experience supplying seedlings for various segments such as fruits, nuts, vegetables & forestry.
Offering customers tailor-made Ellepots
About the new partnership CEO Lars Steen Pedersen explains: “South Africa is a step on the way, to increase the truly global activities that Ellepot has been introducing in recent years. A global sales and service center in one, Ellepot South Africa is a one-stop supplier of the eco-friendly propagation system for nursery growers who want more control over their production.
“Besides offering a fully integrated propagation system, we can now supply pre-made Ellepots ready for sticking,” says Shaun. “This allows growers to propagate with a much higher flexibility in their production, especially with Ellepot’s wide certified paper and tray assortment – resulting in even better plants with higher yields”.
With a choice of 18 types of specially developed Ellepot paper, nursery growers can customize their pots according to crop type. Customers can even choose their own soil mix for the Ellepot system, making flexibility in production one of their key competitive advantages.
Ellepot South Africa aims to be the partner of choice for propagators in the region. With that, comes the responsibility of being able to provide a fast and reliable service and next-day delivery of spare parts. “Being local in this global world means everything to our customers,” says Lars. “Our customers deserve the best, and with Shaun as our partner, we can service a lot of our main segments even faster and better than before with the right attention, knowhow and expertise.”
For more information:
Ellepot South Africa
Publication date: 4/16/2018
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.