Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Last commentsmore »
- Eurovision winner to baptize Jamala tulip at Flower Expo Ukraine (1)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1230)
- Cool night temperatures induce crown buds in garden mums (1)
- Kenya: Cut flower exports up 16 percent (1)
- Fertil improves its biodegradable pots (1)
- Daylily flowers help China's anti-poverty campaign to bloom (2)
- Parfum Flower Company organizes trip to Kenya for florists (1)
- Hydrangea Runaway Bride 'Snow White' named Plant of the Year (1)
- Influencing plant growth with LED light (1)
- Kenya: Mount Elgon Orchards expands with 2ha (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Kenya: Cut flower exports up 16 percentKenya’s economy is estimated to have expanded by 4.9 per cent in 2017 compared to a revised growth of 5.9 per cent in 2016. The slowdown in the performance of the economy was partly attributable to uncertainty associated with a prolonged electioneering period coupled with adverse eﬀects of weather conditions.
Growth in the agriculture sector was supported by notable increases in production of cut ﬂowers, fruits and vegetables whose exports grew by 19.7, 16.8 and 10.7, per cent, respectively, in 2017. This translated to a significant increase in the value of export of horticultural produce from KSh 101.5 billion [1 billion USD] in 2016 to KSh 115.3 billion [1.15 billion USD] in 2017.
Export earnings from cut ﬂowers grew by 16.1 per cent to KSh 82.2 billion [820 million USD] in 2017 and accounted for 71.3 per cent of total earnings from horticulture in 2017, mainly occasioned by a 19.7 per cent increase in export volumes.
Publication date: 4/26/2018
Other news in this sector:
What adverse eﬀects of weather conditions decreased the growth of flowers in Kenya?
Alicja Pietrzyk, wrocław, Poland - 8/7/2018 9:05:32 AM
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.