Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Last commentsmore »
- Eurovision winner to baptize Jamala tulip at Flower Expo Ukraine (1)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1230)
- Cool night temperatures induce crown buds in garden mums (1)
- Kenya: Cut flower exports up 16 percent (1)
- Fertil improves its biodegradable pots (1)
- Daylily flowers help China's anti-poverty campaign to bloom (2)
- Parfum Flower Company organizes trip to Kenya for florists (1)
- Hydrangea Runaway Bride 'Snow White' named Plant of the Year (1)
- Influencing plant growth with LED light (1)
- Kenya: Mount Elgon Orchards expands with 2ha (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Record sales in Mother's Day week at Veiling Rhein-MaasVeiling Rhein-Maas saw the most successful Mother's Day week in 2018 since the company's inception in 2010. The auction, including clock presales and clock service, realized a 16.56 million euro revenue record during said week. Furthermore, the first two weeks of May were the most successful with a total revenue of 29.14 million euros. This second record of total revenue is a 17.02% increase compared to 2017. The product supply and strong customer demand were important factors for this success, the auction reports.
In potted plants, all sales channels saw high popularity mainly in planted trays and arrangements, as well as patio and bedding plants. Roses, peonies and Eustoma were the most popular cut flowers among Veiling Rhein-Maas customers. According to the auction, the marketing campaigns by 'Blumen – 1000 gute Gründe' and the Flower Council of Holland contributed to the successful results.
For more information:
Publication date: 5/15/2018
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.