Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Last commentsmore »
- Email Marketing for Professional Greenhouse Growers (1)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1225)
- "Plum Power forever" (19)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (240)
- "During the placement of outdoor screens we've had all types of weather conditions" (1)
- Kenya: Rimi Flora to triple in size (2)
- India: HollandDoor launches new three-year horticultural programme (1)
- Video: Floral Fantasia garden creation time-lapse (1)
- Dümmen Orange and Koppert introduce IPM protocol (1)
- "Compact size is not enough; plants need to make a statement" (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
ForemostCo to acquire Orcosa
Orcosa, a producer of ornamental plants in Costa Rica, will be joining the ForemostCo family. Orcosa is a subsidiary of Handelskwekerij van der Velden in Holland, which has over 75 years in the business of ornamental plants in Europe.
“Our plans are to combine Orcosa’s capabilities with our existing Ornamentales Sapo Verde, SRL (OSV) production operations and integrate two teams. This addition to the family significantly broadens our product line and further strengthens our production capabilities in Costa Rica,” said Joe Roberts, CEO of ForemostCo.
“Our customers rightfully demand we continue improving and developing our capabilities to meet their needs, and this acquisition will help us do just that,” he continued. "The addition of Orcosa allows ForemostCo to concentrate on production in Costa Rica with marketing and distribution efforts in North America, and for Handelskwekerij van der Velden BV to focus on marketing and distribution of our products in the European market.”
Orcosa was established in 1988 by Piet van der Velden of Handelskwekerij van der Velden BV and Joost van Abeelen. In 1993, Joost van Abeelen tragically passed in a plane accident, and under new management, Folkert Hoekstra continued building upon this legacy to make Orcosa what it is today. Over the years, Orcosa has evolved into a large producer of indoor and outdoor Bromeliad young plants as well as producing a select group of Indoor Foliage Plants, supplying both North American and European growers.
"ForemostCo has worked closely with Orcosa for over 20 years, so this transition is a natural one. By adding Orcosa’s offshore Bromeliad production to ForemostCo’s Florida based Bromeliad liner production at its Phoenix Foliage operation, the ForemostCo Family will now be able to offer extensive volume and selection for over 200 varieties of Bromeliad Young Plants."
For more information:
Publication date: 7/5/2018
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.