Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Last commentsmore »
- Email Marketing for Professional Greenhouse Growers (1)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1225)
- "Plum Power forever" (19)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (240)
- "During the placement of outdoor screens we've had all types of weather conditions" (1)
- Kenya: Rimi Flora to triple in size (2)
- India: HollandDoor launches new three-year horticultural programme (1)
- Video: Floral Fantasia garden creation time-lapse (1)
- Dümmen Orange and Koppert introduce IPM protocol (1)
- "Compact size is not enough; plants need to make a statement" (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Fleurizon introduces new varieties
"Market for Sansevieria is unsaturable"“After the green wave in the 70’s, the Sansevieria went down in sales. But the last 2-4 years the market is unsaturable,” says Frank de Greef of Fleurizon. This international company is introducing several new Sanseviera varieties.
The names of the new varieties are Black Princess Sandy and Frozen. Both plants are patented and exclusively available at Fleurizon. “We are also expecting the patent for ‘Green Mermaid’ within weeks and other varieties to come soon”, Frank says.
Frozen, Black Princess Sandy and Green Mermaid.
He is very enthusiastic about this plant. “Sansevieria is a great product since it is very succulent and very, very durable. These plants last for many years. Consumers can forget to water them for weeks, probably for months and the plants still look happy.”
The increasing popularity of the Sanseviera is noticeable in the market, according to Frank. “The assortment is slowly increasing, and also in the field mother stock grows. Our farms are building up for the high demand at this moment.”
CEO of Fleurizon Frank de Greef.
Fleurizon gets their material from several different continents. “Now we introduce and patent several new varieties, to offer the consumers a larger choice. We ship these plants in many sizes. Although the large size is almost not available anymore, due to the high demand. The new varieties are exciting and still have a very small availability.”
For more information
Frank de Greef
+1 805 389 8980
Publication date: 7/6/2018
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.