Job offersmore »
- Farm Manager - Vietnam
- Senior Grower – Tomatoes, Australia
- Plant Specialist City Farming - Netherlands
- General Manager, HandPicked Vegetables - US
- Agricultural Research Manager - Italy
- Grower / Consultant Asia
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- General Manager - China
- Agronomist - Armenia
- Grower Manager UK – Climate & Nutrition
Last commentsmore »
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (PA): Major fire at Dan Schantz Farm and GreenhousesDan Schantz Farm and Greenhouses is left to pick up the pieces following a massive fire in Lehigh County. The intense heat caused a portion of the roof to collapse.
Fire officials said the rural location of the greenhouse made fighting the fire problematic.
Cindy Thomas of Dan Schantz Farm comments on the fire at the greenhouse farm in Zionsville: "A few of us live on the farm and watched it all night. What started out as a few flames around 8 pm turned into a huge devastating fire within minutes.
"We appreciate all concerns and prayers for our company and our family of coworkers. Although this is horrible event, there are some things to be truly grateful for. It was after Christmas, so all of our Poinsettia crop was gone. Our greenhouses were mostly empty and it happened at night, so no employees were present. The fire did not reach the many fuel tanks we have on the property."
"This also has no effect on serving our customers in the upcoming months - because we still have 3 other greenhouse ranges located in Pipersville, Quakertown and Rising Sun Maryland. Our retail store on Lehigh street in Allentown will still continue to get our plants in from our other greenhouses."
Source: WFMZ / Dan Schantz' Facebook page
Publication date: 1/5/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.