Job offersmore »
- General Manager, King George, Virginia, United States
- Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia
- Account Manager - Netherlands
- International Account Manager Tomato
- Experienced Tomato Grower - China
- CITRUS COMMERCIAL - Spain
- Account Manager Groene Ruimte en Pest Control Nederland
- Junior Accountmanager
- Junior Sales Engineer
- Junior Sales Engineer
Last commentsmore »
- Romania: Flower demand up for Valentine’s Day, Dragobete (1)
- Florists wanted for British Flowers Week photoshoot (1)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (396)
- Roses Forever's new spray rose remembers John Williams (1)
- Second edition Flower Expo Poland now open for registration (1)
- Ethiopia: "Employees are our most valuable assets" (1)
- Taiwan: Taichung to host flora expo in 2018 (1)
- New orchid found in Costa Rica (1)
- How do you develop biological pesticides? (1)
- NL: A look behind the scenes at alstroemeria breeder, propagator (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Benary announces joint venture in ChinaErnst Benary Samenzucht GmbH are partnering with Jintian Seedling Company and ICAN Seed to create a new company focused on providing young plants to the rapidly growing Chinese bedding plant market. This new joint venture, called Jinpin Flower Seedling Company (Jinpin means “golden quality” in Chinese), is located in Pixan, which is part of Chengdu city in the Sichuan province.
Partners of the joint venture are:
- Jintian Seedling Company, a local young plant producer that has produced vegetable young plants for many years. Jintian will be in charge of the management of the organization, including local production and regional sales
- ICAN Seed, a sales and distribution company, with a powerful sales network all over China. ICAN Seed´s contribution will be the national sales force for young plants
- Ernst Benary, a breeder of bedding plants, will contribute superior genetics and know how.
Since land cannot be purchased in China, Jinpin Flower Seedling Company has been generously granted 16 hectares (about 40 acres) of land by the Chinese government to build a premium young plant production facility and trialing station for new genetics.
This land is situated in a lush area of China known for its fertile soil and favorable climate. The city of Chengdu, with over 15 million inhabitants, is one of the largest and most important economic, cultural, transportation, and communication centers in western China. This prime location seems poised to become the horticultural center of China.
Already Jinpin Flower Seedling Company is off to a strong start. More than 70 million young plants were produced in 2016 and plans are in place to produce over 200 million young plants in 5 years.
For more information:
Publication date: 1/9/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.