Job offersmore »
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
Last commentsmore »
- "I tested my growing media, now what?" (11)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (175)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1172)
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (34)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (16)
- Sneak peek California Spring Trials 2018 (3)
- Milestones, lessons from California’s historic drought (34)
- Schroll is developing the hydrangea production in Portugal (2)
- Hot flowers activate fire alarm, force jet into emergency landing (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Benary announces joint venture in ChinaErnst Benary Samenzucht GmbH are partnering with Jintian Seedling Company and ICAN Seed to create a new company focused on providing young plants to the rapidly growing Chinese bedding plant market. This new joint venture, called Jinpin Flower Seedling Company (Jinpin means “golden quality” in Chinese), is located in Pixan, which is part of Chengdu city in the Sichuan province.
Partners of the joint venture are:
- Jintian Seedling Company, a local young plant producer that has produced vegetable young plants for many years. Jintian will be in charge of the management of the organization, including local production and regional sales
- ICAN Seed, a sales and distribution company, with a powerful sales network all over China. ICAN Seed´s contribution will be the national sales force for young plants
- Ernst Benary, a breeder of bedding plants, will contribute superior genetics and know how.
Since land cannot be purchased in China, Jinpin Flower Seedling Company has been generously granted 16 hectares (about 40 acres) of land by the Chinese government to build a premium young plant production facility and trialing station for new genetics.
This land is situated in a lush area of China known for its fertile soil and favorable climate. The city of Chengdu, with over 15 million inhabitants, is one of the largest and most important economic, cultural, transportation, and communication centers in western China. This prime location seems poised to become the horticultural center of China.
Already Jinpin Flower Seedling Company is off to a strong start. More than 70 million young plants were produced in 2016 and plans are in place to produce over 200 million young plants in 5 years.
For more information:
Publication date: 1/9/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.