Job offersmore »
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
Last commentsmore »
- "I tested my growing media, now what?" (11)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (175)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1172)
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (34)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (16)
- Sneak peek California Spring Trials 2018 (3)
- Milestones, lessons from Californias historic drought (34)
- Schroll is developing the hydrangea production in Portugal (2)
- Hot flowers activate fire alarm, force jet into emergency landing (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Photo Report: IPM Essen 2017The international floriculture sector once again gathered in Essen last week for the 35th edition of the IPM Essen. A total of 57,000 international trade show visitors came all the way to Essen to see the latest trends and innovations in the green industry.
Many exhibitors said to be exhibiting in Essen to meet with their German and international partners and welcome visitors at their booth. This year, exhibitors also confirmed an increased interest from international growers and suppliers, that even came from overseas. We spoke to growers and suppliers from countries like the United States, Canada and even far away countries like Australia and New Zealand.
Besides tons of exhibitors with plants, flowers, decoration, pots and starting material, the show was again home to a large number of technology suppliers in the field of greenhouse construction, lighting, climate control, crop protection and growing media and other growing supplies. This confirmed that the IPM has become a premier European event for greenhouse horticulture technology in general.
This is also the reason that the organization of the IPM Essen focuses more on technology and added fruit and vegetables as a focus point this year. Exhibitors with products for vegetable production in their portfolios received particular booth markings. Some of the exhibitors remained skeptic about this, as they believe the IPM should remain a floriculture event and should not diversify itself too much.
As usual our editors walked the show to learn about the latest developments in the industry. As well as this we made our traditional photo report of all the exhibitors.
Looking for your picture? Here are our photo reports of IPM Essen 2017:
All of the breeders, suppliers and traders of Plants, Flowers and Packaging.
All of the exhibitors active in the field of Technology & Supplies.
In 2018, the IPM Essen will take place at Messe Essen from January 23 to 26.
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.