Job offersmore »
- Global Segment Marketing Manager Vegetables
- Agronomist or Agricultural Engineer in Luxembourg or Georgia
- Nursery Project Coordinator Luxembourg
- Sales and Customer Support - New Zealand
- General Manager - Ontario
- SALES MANAGER - France
- KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER (Fresh Cut) – France
- Marketing Manager - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Key Account Manager Horticulture LED - Netherlands
- European Sales Manager – Based London or Europe
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (406)
- Kenya: Senate probes working conditions on flower farms (1)
- Weight, drain and real time plant activity analysis become grower's sixth sense (1)
- Terra Nova offers sneak peek of 'peacock tail' begonia (1)
- Romania: Flower demand up for Valentine’s Day, Dragobete (1)
- Florists wanted for British Flowers Week photoshoot (1)
- Roses Forever's new spray rose remembers John Williams (1)
- Second edition Flower Expo Poland now open for registration (1)
- Ethiopia: "Employees are our most valuable assets" (1)
- Taiwan: Taichung to host flora expo in 2018 (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Boomaroo Nurseries launches Waterwick in AustraliaAustralian ornamental grower and vegetable seedling supplier Boomaroo Nurseries is introducing the Waterwick system in Australia. This morning, the nursery's General Manager Andrew Burgess and National sales Manager Richard Herzina, along with their merchandise team helped launch the new self watering system for plants by visiting many of the Victorian Bunnings Warehouse stores through which Waterwick is sold.
Andrew Burgess with a Bunning shop employee.
Waterwick is suited to many indoor and patio pot plants, initially Boomaroo and Bunnings are offering a line of Maidenhair Ferns, Gerbera’s and some Basil pots. The plants come ready to use with the waterwick already inserted and are presented in a decorative cover pot from TEKU.
Waterwick is a system that provides plants with just the right amount of water by using the blue-and-white cord that extends into a water reservoir. It can be applied automatically before or during cultivation and keeps plants perky through transportation and in retail displays. All you have to do is keep the reservoir filled with water so the system doesn't run out.
Burgess has high hopes for this concept to succeed. "It has a number of benefits, not only for the end consumer, as they can enjoy a ready-to-use, long-flowering and low maintenance plant, but also for the retailers. In Australia, the temperatures are high, so watering the plants regularly is required and often leads to losses. If the plant can water itself, this problem is solved."
This morning, February 10, Burgess presented their first Waterwick system equipped plants in Valentine's Day pots at Bunnings in Victoria, New South Wales and South Australia. "Valentine's Day is one of the most important days for florists here in Australia, but of course, we try to get a piece of the pie with something a little different", he says.
"Our plan is to offer more plant varieties in Waterwick, and target event days like Mothers day and Christmas as it makes the perfect gift or house decoration while being easy to care for."
For more information
Boomaroo Nurseries Pty Ltd
General Manager - Greenlife
105 St. Andrews Drive, Lara. Vic 3212
T: (03) 52 82 2199
Fax: (03) 52 82 3969
3295 KH 's-Gravendeel
P.O. Box 5103
3295 ZG 's-Gravendeel
+31 (0) 78 673 98 00
+31 (0) 78 673 34 34
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.