Job offersmore »
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- Quality Assurance Quality Control - Canada
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
Last commentsmore »
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (185)
- "Horticulture in Iran can be an alternative to petroleum" (12)
- US: Congressman visits florist (4)
- Netherlands 50 million stems a year at V.d. Berg Roses (3)
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (53)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1183)
- Photo Report: First edition HortEx Vietnam (3)
- Counting down to the Expo Flor Ecuador opening (3)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (18)
- Colombian plant growers to get nursery research center (7)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
NL: Valstar and Dümmen Orange partner in pot rosesPlantenkwekerij Valstar plant nursery and breeder Dümmen Orange have signed an agreement concerning the production and marketing of the pot rose assortment in the Netherlands. For Valstar this offers opportunities for growth with a new product. For Dümmen Orange it is a logical step in its strategy to outsource the cultivation of end products which do not fit its core activities.
Jan Valstar: "Pot roses fit into our business. We noticed that our customers are looking for partners with a wide range of plants. Pot roses complement our current assortment which will enable us to become more important to our customers." The cultivation cycles will be prepared over the next few months so that the first roses can be sold in the second half of the year. The pot roses will be available in a 10.5 cm and a 12 cm pot and will be supplied in a full range of colours.
Philippe Veys from Dümmen Orange: “Olij Breeding pot roses were added to the Dümmen Orange assortment in 2016. In Valstar we have found a solid, reliable partner which can further expand the market for this product group."
The number of varieties currently available will be expanded over the coming period and the two companies will be working on positioning the entire line with a new image. During the preparatory phase, ideas were developed with regard to concepts and options that will be valuable for the market.
For more information
2691 LX ‘s Gravenzande
T: +31(0)174 212021
Publication date: 2/17/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.